cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Family Hub iPhone app not working on IOS 13

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got a Family Hub refrigerator and downloaded the Family Hub app to push photos to the fridge display.  After entering my credentials, the app displays "Gathering family information..." and then comes back with "Unable to connect to server.  Check your network connection and try again."  From there it's stuck in a loop and nothing else ever comes up.  I have a connection to the Internet - all other apps work fine.  

Using an iPhone XS.   Also does the same thing on my iPad.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Family Hub iPhone app not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully, we are unable to speculate about the release of future updates. Please stay tuned to the page, and we will post publicly when an update becomes available. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear that, could we have your full model number for the fridge to better assist you?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's an issue with the app and IOS 13.  I've gotten the app to work on an older phone with IOS 12 but it does not work on any iPhone or iPad with IOS 13.   Will an update be coming soon to address this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we are terribly sorry about the inconvenience of app usage.

we will improve familyhub mobile app until this weekend and release the new S/W

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an update on this?

Waiting on the app update push for iOS.

Experiencing same issue stated above.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue when I try to launch the app from my iPhone I get a cannot connect to server message 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

very frustrating.  Same thing happening here.  Everything was fine with the fridge and the app and I had uploaded photos to Family Hub.  I needed a restart of the fridge and now the app refuses to connect giving the same error as above.  Samsung and SmartThings is enough to prevent people from using IOT devices.  Luckily the fridge is the only SmartThings based solution I have, everything else is Philips and Alexa.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

exact same thing! the apon my phone a galaxy note 10 still has all the data from before the factory reset and only shows the inside of the fridge on 3/4 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has this update been released? I have been having this problem for MONTHS. I am so frustrated! I have the SAME error as the OP.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know I'm late to this but I just got my fridge two days ago. Everything worked fine signing in and then I had the same cannot connect to server message. Being the stubborn person I am, I deleted and redownloaded the app, it still didn't work. Frustrated I was just going to delete the app and when you press and hold to delete there was the option to "view inside". Just out of curiosity I pushed it and it popped up with the same gathering family info, but then glitched for a second and popped right open. I thought maybe it was an accident so tried it on my husband's phone too (also an iPhone running IOS 13) and it worked for his phone as well. Haven't had a problem since. Hopefully this works for you if your app is still down.