Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userxVrlTS92bX
Constellation

Family Hub is a dud. Potential buyers beware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Family Hub is a dud guys. Better run the other way. I got off the phone with Samsung last night completely exasperated. Owning this refrigerator has been a nightmare, to say the least. It's very photogenic but buyers beware. It is a very low-quality product wearing a pretty dress. After owning it for may be 5 months, the ice maker failed. We barely used it!. They replaced the entire fridge. Now, about 10 months later, the entire refrigerator failed spectacularly. The compressor in this new refrigerator failed. Do you guys think that this is how any product, let alone a high-end product, should perform?

The freezer spontaneously defrosted and the refrigerator itself was like a warm day in Ft. Lauderdale. Funny enough, the thermostat display was all this time showing the internal temperatures at 0 degrees and 37 degrees respectively. So much for "Triple Cooling." What do you guys think about having a doctored thermostat in a refrigerator? Reminds me of that Audi scandal. Is this ethical?

In any case, we called Samsung's "Elite" service line that they make available to buyers of this product. Their indifference to the situation was stunning and not once did anyone even bother to call us back. Last night after the technician they finally sent over left without being able to fix the fridge (9 days after the incident). I called the "elite" service line again. Their answers to some well-placed questions was telling. I asked, "What is the maximum amount of time, given that this refrigerator is under warranty, that Samsung will allow a customer in my situation to go without a refrigerator?" The supervisor, seemed unable or unwilling to answer the question. Finally, after I repeated the question several times, she let it slip that there was no maximum. Wow!

I then asked her, "How was this elite service different from the service they offer for other products? She said it is the products that are elite, not the service. LOL!

Well, I beg to differ (about the products, I mean :-)). So, guys, I know this note is long but is Family Hub actually Family Dud? Should you run the other way and buy instead any other standard refrigerator from any other brand? You are sure to end up more satisfied. It's day 10 now without a refrigerator. I will be following up with daily posts on their progress here as an experiment, so you guys can be the judge.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userxVrlTS92bX
Constellation

Re: Family Hub is a dud. Potential buyers beware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The call center ticket number is 4139449264.  I was approved for an exchange, which is now in process and that number is 5120080359.   While I am glad that the exchange is in process, the fact is that it's now approaching 3 weeks without a working refrigerator.  And, to the point I made above, to date, no one has been able to tell me yet, when I will have a working refrigerator. Is this acceptable? No one seems to be in charge of the case.  There has been no followup.

I am very disappointed with Samsung and this whole incident has significantly changed my impression of your company.  The first huge let down was trust in the quality of your products.  How can a new, high end product fail so spectacularly? The second let down was in your experience recovery process.  For me, this was a loss in confidence in the company that actually supercedes the product break down.  From my perspective, although I find it uncacceptable, mechanical failures are bound to happen, but the gross failure to shine in your response to triaging the problem is completely within your control and this is not something I can easily forgive.  A total break down in customer care, is what I would call it.

Regards,

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear, would you happen to have a ticket number I could look into for you? Can't make any guarantees, but I can certainly see what I can do. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userxVrlTS92bX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The call center ticket number is 4139449264.  I was approved for an exchange, which is now in process and that number is 5120080359.   While I am glad that the exchange is in process, the fact is that it's now approaching 3 weeks without a working refrigerator.  And, to the point I made above, to date, no one has been able to tell me yet, when I will have a working refrigerator. Is this acceptable? No one seems to be in charge of the case.  There has been no followup.

I am very disappointed with Samsung and this whole incident has significantly changed my impression of your company.  The first huge let down was trust in the quality of your products.  How can a new, high end product fail so spectacularly? The second let down was in your experience recovery process.  For me, this was a loss in confidence in the company that actually supercedes the product break down.  From my perspective, although I find it uncacceptable, mechanical failures are bound to happen, but the gross failure to shine in your response to triaging the problem is completely within your control and this is not something I can easily forgive.  A total break down in customer care, is what I would call it.

Regards,

Mark

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userFlvak1NBHt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased by Family Hub. It does not work well. My ice maker jams and frost accumulates on the ice maker. It will not make ice until I un-jam the stuck ice and remove the frost. I do this every two days. How can they continue to sell this sub-par product.
userFlvak1NBHt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. The ice machine is a failure engineering product.  I'm sorry I brought it.