Original topic:

Family hub 6.0 software update

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 02:12 PM)
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hi.
I am also very concerned about the new update to 6.0. I don't feel comfortable updating yet because it says I will lose a lot of the key features I use on the Family hub app. Moving everything to smartthings would be fine if all the current features from family hub app were brought over to the smartthings app. How can we possibly want to switch over if we are losing so many key features like memo, whiteboard, profiles for family members, shopping lists, photos and videos, .... and so on.
Please give everyone a little guidance on this issue because there is hardly any info out there on this topic. If this doesn't get resolved many new and existing family hub members are going to be so upset. Please advise on what is happening in the future of this update. As of now I am holding off on updating my fridge to 6.0.

Thank you so much
63 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have marked this post for our product experts.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Jeffro3030
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Samsung needs to give us our features back!!! @SamsungLarry
userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Following this thread to decide if I should purchase this fridge.  I was planning to purchase in the next couple of weeks so need to understand this complexity.  I have seen responses from Samsung about the "see inside the fridge option" working – but it is not addressing all the other options that are lost by this upgrade. It would be great to see a response that word truly address what is the situation and the expected fixes

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I love the fridge so much. It was perfection to me... but I just don't want to update to the new software yet until I know I can still do everything I can currently do with this new update.
userkD9J4y7Iy6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Be aware, the "See inside" feature is more of a gimmick. There is A camera with a fisheye lens that shows multiple shelves, but the distortion makes identification difficult. 

When I read about the feature, my imagination went to a scenario in which I could tap an icon to look at contents in stead of opening the door. Instead, when I look I say what IS that? And I have to oen the door to answer the question.

userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

any update to this thread?

0 Likes
userEEXjSnVrTh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ok, I just got this fridge today, spent all this extra money for a "family hub", got the latest model fridge, to ensure i get maximum functionality and now I find out that Samsung killed the family hub functions.  If I can't make multiple profiles and connect my family to share and communicate, then this is absolutely useless.  I need a solution.  This should be under warranty support as this is expected functionality.  If not, refund me the difference for a fridge without the family hub.  @SamsungLarry please, please fix.  This is ridiculous

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I am so sorry you are going through this. This is what I was afraid of and hesitated to update to new software. The original family hub is wonderful and is how it should all work together. This new way better get fixed. What functions are removed from the new software? I know the got rid of multiple profiles, did they get rid of sticky note memos? Any thing else?
0 Likes
userEEXjSnVrTh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungLarry I was expecting some reply.