Original topic:

Family hub 6.0 software update

(Topic created: 07-02-2021 07:22 PM)
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hi.
I am also very concerned about the new update to 6.0. I don't feel comfortable updating yet because it says I will lose a lot of the key features I use on the Family hub app. Moving everything to smartthings would be fine if all the current features from family hub app were brought over to the smartthings app. How can we possibly want to switch over if we are losing so many key features like memo, whiteboard, profiles for family members, shopping lists, photos and videos, .... and so on.
Please give everyone a little guidance on this issue because there is hardly any info out there on this topic. If this doesn't get resolved many new and existing family hub members are going to be so upset. Please advise on what is happening in the future of this update. As of now I am holding off on updating my fridge to 6.0.

Thank you so much
user9r9lnGiZXO
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why are you just reposting information customers already know, how about posting a real solution about these issues instead of telling customer I told you so? Samsung should provide a download for downgrading Tizen 6.0 to plug into USB of the fridge for people that made a mistake in upgrading.

userHGR1pSf8oo
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I too am frustrated and very disappointed.  The functionality that we have now, after I updated, is useless.  

I hesitated to update at first after reading the warning - but hey, it's Samsung I said to myself.  I can trust them as our TVs, phones, etc. are all Samsung.

NOT ANYMORE!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

HA, HA, HA - is this a joke?  There has been no solution - at all, not even an attempt!

userEE4PME7xmL
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can Samsung please advise how to stop the annoying Update popup from occurring on my Family Hub. I am certainly not updating from Tizen 4 to this latest unacceptable release.

It would also be useful for the user community here to get a reply from Samsung advising how they will address this software problem or a timeframe for a patch to be released returning functionality to the appliance.

0 Likes
userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

please explain more...."some feature restrictions will apply to memo/whiteboard/to-do/calendar functions."  If these features do not work, I need to understand what it is that we are paying for and how it different from the other fridges out in the market.  I just pulled a current ad for your Family smarthub fridge.  Can you advise which items are not functioning now and incorrect?  I just am confused on what I am buying. 

userTUFzzivNaS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

please explain more...."some feature restrictions will apply to memo/whiteboard/to-do/calendar functions."  If these features do not work, I need to understand what it is that we are paying for and how it different from the other fridges out in the market.  I just pulled a current ad for your Family smarthub fridge.  Can you advise which items are not functioning now and incorrect?
Samsung SmartThings app allows you to control all your smart devices and appliances; set lights, adjust the thermostat or monitor your baby's room
Create and share your shopping lists on your fridge or mobile device
Personalize your screen saver with your favorite photos, weather and animations
Stream music with Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect and TuneIn (radio)
See, hear and speak to anyone at the front door from your Family Hub with Ring Video Doorbell (sold separately)
Automatically assigns expiration notifications, based on items your cross off your shopping list
Sync calendars for family activities and events
Mirror your Samsung TV or Samsung phone full screen, directly on your Family Hub
Receive Wi-Fi updates so your fridge stays up-to-date with the latest features and apps
Intelligent voice assistant allows hands free navigation
Recognizes user's voice and provides a personalized experience
Plan a meal based on what food is inside your refrigerator
Share photos and notes from your mobile device
GrubHub - Free online ordering from restaurants near you
Generate memos and to Do list, so families can leave each other virtual notes with notifications on your mobile device
Glympse - a simple way to share your location in real-time. Enables you to set who sees you and for how long. Let friends and family know you are on your way
iHeartRadio - listen to live radio without user login
Spotify - a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs (Pandora included as well)

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
So does this mean I can send a memo from my smartthings mobile app to the fridge?
0 Likes
userG8g20mqP5j
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I don't think so. I have a new FamHub fridge with Tizen 6 with the current SmartThings app installed since Family Hub app doesn't apply after Tizen 4.

I think the phrase "some feature restrictions will apply to memo/whiteboard/to-do/calendar functions" translates to: none of these functions are available in the current SmartThings mobile app. Whether they migrate these features into SmartThings at a later date, I don't know.

If I'm wrong about this, someone please let me know!

Features I've found available in the mobile app (SmartThings):

• Fridge item in "Devices" section capabilities:
    • Note: I have not been able to determine if the display shows the Current temp vs. the Setpoint temp yet. I know the FamHub app showed current temps when delivered (80 deg F) but I didn't have the mobile app installed before fridge went to operating temp. A quick experiment with leaving the doors open didn't show a temp change in Fridge Manager app on fridge or the mobile app. However, I didn't leave them open for a really long time. 
    • Main compartment
      • Temperature setpoint
      • Crisper - "Meat/Fish" or "Fridge"
      • Power Cool - On/Off
    • Freezer
      • Temperature setpoint
      • Power Freeze - On/Off
    • Flex Zone - Can't select or view temperature but can select mode
      • Freeze
      • Soft Freeze
      • Meat-Fish
      • Beverage
      • Fruit-Veggies
    • Cubed Ice - On/Off
    • Ice Bites - On/Off
    • Upload Pictures and videos
      • Allows you to upload pics/video and puts in Gallery app on fridge to use for wallpaper, etc.
    • Energy Management
      • "This Month" - total Watt-hours used
        • Updated hourly with a disclaimer that it may differ from actual consumption
      • "Last Month" - total Watt-hours used
      • Demand Response
        • Peak Demand Off (Override) - On/Off
          • Turns on/off Delay Appliance Load Capacity and Temporary Appliance Load Reduction
      • Defrost Delay settings
        • Allows user to override default defrost schedule settings
          • Default schedule is (on this fridge):
            • May 1 - Oct 31 -> 3PM ~ 7PM
            • Nov 1 - Apr 30 -> 6AM ~ 10AM
          • If you select the override you can add your own schedules with start/end date & start/end times
          • Override doesn't seem to let you delete the two default schedules
  • "Cooking Service" Plugin installed (needed for "Inside View" and "Food List")
    • Widget on SmartThings "Life" screen displays a few suggested recipe links
    • Inside the Cooking Service Plugin
      • "Inside view" option available if you scroll down to the "Cook with these" item
        • Note: boggles my mind why this isn't under the "Device" item instead of having to load a spammy recipe integration to see the image
        • Note for people with lousy internet: it seems to send images to through the cloud and then download back to phone on WiFi, even though SmartThings switches to WiFi to talk to Fridge. This kills our terrible DSL connect (like the Ring doorbell does). Hopefully we'll get real internet here in the next year (StarLink!)
        • "Food List" is available as a second tab when you select the "Inside view"
          • Syncs  with Food List on the Fridge
  •  "HomeCare" Plugin installed (needed to see water filter status)
    • Widget on SmartThings "Life" screen displays average door opens per day over past 7 days
    • Inside the Home Care plugin
      • AI Diagnostics
        • Just displays a message "All devices are working well"
      • "Home Water Care" item
        • Section header link displays filter 0-100% graph and a "Buy Now" link
        • Displays water filter status
          • Note: Displays filter status as "Good" even though I do not have the filter installed. Installing a reverse osmosis system and will leave filter out so it remains in bypass.
          • Drill-down into this item displays a 0-100% graph (and a "Buy Now" link)
      • "Device Care" item
        • Displays connected devices. In my case, just the fridge.
          • Drill down on this item displays:
            • Same water filter graph mentioned above
            • Same usage pattern info for "Door Opens" as mentioned above
            • "Usage Guide" for fridge with basic instructions
      • "Accessories" item
        • Section header link displays accessories
          • In this case, just the water filter with % used graph and link to purchase replacement
        • Displays icon for the water filter
          • Icon tap links to Samsung site to purchase a replacement filter
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I can't thank you enough for the in depth review. Your details were amazing and was exactly what I was looking for. I am still baffled by how many things and features have been taken away with this smartthings migration. I wish they would still let the Family Hub App still function with the new 6.0 update. At least until they port over all the older existing feature that we're available before. What a let down. I will still hold off with updating software for now because I use too many of the old features. Like sending memos from my phone to the fridge and writing on the whiteboard and updating my family board. I really hope this all comes back. Thanks again!!
userhA1vfLTM1c
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Last sw update makes the screen unusable, can you get smasung to recgniz ofr fix this? of course not.

0 Likes
Jeffro3030
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This 6.0 update really  and it makes me want to return my brand new fridge. We lost so many features that Family Hub seems almost useless now. Really not happy about this Samsung!! Give us back ALL of our fun features!