Original topic:

Family hub 6.0 software update

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 04:11 PM)
usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hi.
I am also very concerned about the new update to 6.0. I don't feel comfortable updating yet because it says I will lose a lot of the key features I use on the Family hub app. Moving everything to smartthings would be fine if all the current features from family hub app were brought over to the smartthings app. How can we possibly want to switch over if we are losing so many key features like memo, whiteboard, profiles for family members, shopping lists, photos and videos, .... and so on.
Please give everyone a little guidance on this issue because there is hardly any info out there on this topic. If this doesn't get resolved many new and existing family hub members are going to be so upset. Please advise on what is happening in the future of this update. As of now I am holding off on updating my fridge to 6.0.

Thank you so much
63 Replies
userrWZRLv4DPA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I also am very disappointed with this update. Why did I spend thousands of dollars extra just to have the functionality taken away. If they don't fix this quickly it's no more Samsung products for me.

Tyrolious
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The update is like getting a whole new device. Unfortunately you will hate the new one and wish you had the old one back.

Seriously do not update. Maybe they will fix all the gaping holes they blew through their feature set. As is, this update basically trades all the features you would like and use for Alexa support. Just what you wanted right?

I used the whiteboard from my phone daily to post memes for the kids. This feature has been stripped away. I'm not sure how many pictures it used to allow because I never ran into it.  I know it was more than the measly 6 that is allowed now. They will probably let you increase that with a future paid subscription for relief of artificial scarcity.

Maybe they could block off half of the display and charge some fees to get the full screen back. That way you could shell out monthly just to get it to work like you already paid for. 

I'm not a fan of the new update. No one that actually used this thing is going to like what they've done. 

*customer exudes disappointment at Samsung*

Seriously how can you call this an update? This is massive leaps backward. 

*customer regrets purchase*

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I really hope they see this and fix it. I was so close to updating it last night and held off. I am so glad I did. The least the could do is have the family hub app still work with 6.0. That way people could still use it the way they used to. They can continue to improve the smartthings app integration in the meantime while everyone is still content with the family hub app until it's ready for prime time.
userLibBzIofTC
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung - You  up!  You need to be responsive to your customers and find a way to bring back the features that your users depended on.  Find some way to bring back some of those widgets and features or I'm done with buying anything Samsung - for me or my company!

jackie12
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I updated softwear. I accidentally deleted smart app. on screen and I tried to find it on apps, doesn't have it there. How can I download the app again?
0 Likes
user7hE8mx1gxa
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hello, I updated to the latesr software from the older version. For example, the weather app will not update to my current location , 2 Pandora app does not work, 3 view inside fridge does not work. The only new improvement with this new update is the inclusion of Alexa which is also limited in its usefulness. If I could reverse this update I would definitely go back until Samsung decides to give family hub owners more control over their decisions to purchase these appliances. I want to be clear, If I knew what I know now about how Samsung tricked its customers on purchasing their appliances by slapping attractive operating systems on their products and then rush it out to market is unacceptable. Why can't Samsung give its family hub owners more freedom to choose which operating system to use instead of the stock operating system which is Tizen. I know for sure that my next smart refrigerator will not be a Samsung due to these limitations that is impose on us family hub owners. Matter of fact, I've discouraged potential family members and friends from purchasing these appliances based on these shortcomings of the refrigerators. Finally, I think Samsung had the potential of making these refrigerators great but, because they are trying to keep their customers within their echo system they fail miserably Hopefully more people will post their grievances to the point that Samsung understands and do something about it.
useraPFlwt0oit
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This update .  I was so happy with my fridge.  I talked several people into buying this refrigerator because it was so awesome.  I hate the new look of the home screen.  It is as like going back to DOS after years of using Windows.  Truly disappointing.

thedesertwolf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here, I think I sold 2 or 3 smart fridges for @CommunityUser26  just by hyping the fridge to a neighbor and people I saw looking at them at Lowes. The new update is terrible.  I am tempted to start putting signs on the Samsung fridges at Best Buy and Lowes warning people to stay away. 

Falcon7283
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I updated mine not thinking about it. Wish I could go back. Do not do this update until  you are required. I can't do anything on the fridge itself I want too. 

usereF0rEfLz7I
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
O man I feel so bad. Samsung just needs to allow the family hub app to continue to work until the add all the features back into the smartthings app.