JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 05-01-2020 09:58 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
userp6Pm3xEigU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How are you supposed to get to "settings" if the screen is frozen??!!

userBX8kpKbe1Y
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My screen seems to be unresponsive during the day. I was able to upgrade the software at 1am and do anything. At 8am it was locked again. I tried the switch and unplugged it but nothing. If there's a locking feature I can not get to it because the screen is frozen. Any suggestions 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you tried leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes? Are you able to connect to it via the app?

0 Likes
userOaIlmBB7G7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So on a previous tread you said to unplug the fridge for 5 minutes now your saying 10 minutes. And to try the screen power switch. My screen won't respond and your responses contradict each other. Confusing how an expensive fridge has so many issues between the ice making, touch screen not responding, and moderators contradicting themselves. 

userNMFrx8ve1i
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issues, I had a technician come to fix the icemaker (lucky me, i had 5 year full warranty through the store i purchase from) 

A week ago i did update the software, since then the screen is unresponsive. I have tried to turn off for a while and then on, still didn't help at all. 

I wish i wasn't upgrade the software, it used to work perfectly before (beside the app on the phone - i gave up 3 years ago)

Please, any one know how to get back to previouse firmware? 

userpRduvCVDKb
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The fridge is less than 2 years old. And the touchscreen is totally unresponsive to touch. Can't swipe or do anything ... has anyone found a solution ? Already tried turning on/off red switch and power cycle the fridge 1000 times. How  can this happen ? Was it a software update ? 

flowerchld
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue. The screen saver turns on and is stuck there, the screen is unresponsive. My fridge is only a year and a half old. Samsung has really dropped the ball on this one. There are a lot of complaints and repair techs are saying this is a common issue. I paid $3000 for a big brick.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would be happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userpRduvCVDKb
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

i am certain the software update turned this into a brick

DiegoLondono
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here.  Model rf265beaesr.  I restarted everything and still frozen.