JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 06-10-2020 05:14 AM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
usercOHVGHdek4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Must say I am incredibly dissapointed with Samsungs lack of ownership and accountability on this issue - I have been trying to get this resolved for over a month - to no avail - the samsung authourized appliance repair guys understand pumps and compressors not touch screens and IP adresses. 

The issue is clearly product quality - spent over 2K for a fridge with a touchscreen that becomes passive after 12 months.. 

Samsung - what are you going to do about it???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please send the model and serial number for the refrigerator to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

0 Likes
userUUIhah1548
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

hi i am having same issue as decribed by others in this thread. its been going on for months now and i was hoping sofware update would fix it but the issue persists even after applying latest update a few days ago. My model is RF265BEAESR/AC

this is what i have tried:

- toggle the screen on/off using the red button on top of the display

- completely shut off the power to the fridge, wait 10 minutes and turn it back on

- performed a factory reset and wiped everything

the problem got worse gradually over time. in the beginning it was random freezes once in a while and it would start working by itself. after some time i noticed that i had to perform a power reset to get the screen to work. then i noticed that even turning power off/on would only work once in a while. right now screen just stays frozen for days/weeks and then all of a sudden it works for some time by itself. turning off/on power source or red button doesn't help at all.

i was able to apply the latest update few days ago as i noticed that screen was working again. however after less than an hour, it froze again.

its very annoying to not be able to use the functionality that i paid for. i might as well have gotten a standard fridge if i can't do anything with the screen. unfortunately my warranty has expired and hopefully dont have to pay to get the functionality working that should be working in the first place.  based on what i have experienced, it appears to be a software issue as the screen responds to touch when the screen in not frozen.

i tried calling for support in the past but best answer i got was to try to reset the fridge. what a waste of time.

hoping someone can look into this issue and fix it for everyone.

userdKLK77Acl1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ours stopped working the first day we got it. Today we reset it back to the manufacturers setting. When prompted, said NO to setting up anything (your Samsung account, Bixby, etc.). Then once it was loaded we set up the user accounts and anything else we wanted to use. So far it has fixed the problem with the freezing home screen.

0 Likes
user2pY8UjaRMg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, We are having the same problem on our 18 month old RF28N9780SR. The screen is frozen on the pictures page.  The picture continue to rotate but no buttons are available and you can not swipe in any direction.

Called Samsung tech support and we basically turned off the red switch for 3 minutes.  Did not work. Then we turned off the complete power for a minute at the breaker.  Nothing is working.

Samsung rep was not helpful and switched me to a department with over 90 minutes wait time.  

I believe Samsung failed to design this fridge with a hard factory reboot button that is not part of the display so when the display goes bad you are out of luck.

Going to have BestBuy geek squad over to look at it this week for at least 100 dollar charge.

Very disappointing and unless Samsung sets up and provides me with a solution, I will definitely replace my appliances in the future with anything besides Samsung.  

userMFkxkqYVol
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How did you do a reset to manufacturers? I've attempted to use the red reset switch and unplugged it,  but still can't use the touch pad to get into setting 

0 Likes
userK7oSNNx26t
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Plug a mouse into the USB on the inside of the door!!!

userVLKdyQqpSn
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

All,

yeatrday my kids put our fridge into factory reset mode and then I tried to cancel it by turning off device screen and after this screen js booting with Samsung logo but then turn black. I guess software needs to be reset again but how ? 

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Confirm that the View Inside image is updating.
Using the power switch in the top right door, turn the Family Hub panel off, wait two minutes, and then turn it on again.
Open and close the door.
Check the View Inside image (using the refrigerator, not the app) to see if it has refreshed.
If after performing these steps multiple times, the image still does not refresh, perform a factory reset (Settings > About Family Hub > Factory Data Reset) and try again.
If the image on the refrigerator does not update after multiple attempts and a factory reset was performed, I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVLKdyQqpSn
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So here is a deal. After Factory Rest process......touchscreen panel is booting up and SAMSUNG logo comes and after that no action and screen remain BLACK and BLANK. I tried mutliple times on/off option (from main switch and also from using RED button inside right door) but issue is still the same. It seems to me software corruption and since its not reaching to the point where it boot up software and connect to wifi so I guess no option to connect to it