JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 11-08-2020 08:18 AM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
userQBOF9qrFyb
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update - mouse works! Afraid to do a factory reset. Seems like waiting for an update is better.

Also, Bixby only works now when you press the Bixby button - doesn't recognize when you call Bixby.

userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

A few questions about the mouse. I tried a wireless mouse and it didn't work, should I buy a wired mouse? Is that what you used? And did it help you click the update software box?? Thanks!! Stacy 

userQBOF9qrFyb
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I used a relatively new Logitech wireless mouse. An update already occurred automatically and it did not solve the issue. Kind of sounds like this is a hardware failure in the tablet itself since so many of us are experiencing this and no software update has fixed it. Samsung is actually replacing our entire fridge because some repair tech is too lazy to drive 40 minutes! Absurd! I mean Samsung could send ME the tablet and I bet I could replace it.

userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well this is getting nowhere fast. I'm looking into starting a class action. Would any of you like to join in?

LilBRulesAll
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I would like to join please!
useryNVynh2Pla
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung fridge. Model# RF28HMELBSR. The touch display doesn't respond to any touch. I unplugged it for 60 seconds and it still won't respond. I pressed the "Reset" button and it still won't respond. This is very annoying for such an expensive fridge. Can you hlep me please help me?

elianafeijoo
Product Expert
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @useryNVynh2Pla , I am sorry you are experiencing this with your fridge, but no worries we have a solution! Has it been less than a year? If it has been then you are eligible for the samsung manufacturers warranty. I would recommend to call 1800-samsung. (1800-726-7864) or through live chat or email and see what solutions they have for you since you have already unplugged and resetted.  Below I have linked the multiple ways to contact Samsung customer service. I hope this was helpful and if you have any questions or concerns we are here to help you. Have a wonderful day! 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
useryNVynh2Pla
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've had this fridge for 4 years. This is very frustrating for such an expensive fridge. Can you help me fix this? Please?

useryNVynh2Pla
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Eliana, will you still be able to help me even if my fridge is not under warranty?

useryNVynh2Pla
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I guess Samsung only helps those that have appliances under warranty.