JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 11-15-2020 03:39 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
userkKWZQhxeQs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to this list. Purchased our fridge in November 2018. Spent the big money on a full suite of top tier Samsung flagship appliances. 

Fast forward less than 2 years and screen is completely frozen, unsuable. Have reset by toggling power switch, unplugging, no change. Can connect mouse to port in door and get screen to respond. Meaning, the touchscreen is not functioning. All this started after a software update. 

Home depot warranty says its not a covered item. Samsung customer care was no help. Im on my own. I am extemely dissapointed. This is a well documented issue, as evident by this thread. Leaving your loyal customers high and dry with your flagship appliance is NOT a good look for you, Samsung. 

FIX MY FRIDGE. PLEASE. 

buggyman
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
same problem
buggyman
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
has anyone ever had this repaired? How much did it cost?
usermvDNNA2YrH
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My fridge is exactly the same. All this money and Samsung does nothing to repair a known problem. Touchscreen is useless!! 
Samsung, don't you think you owe it to all of us to fix this????!!!?!?  

LilBRulesAll
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
mines the same
userp6Pm3xEigU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Here's the answer everyone....Samsung on this message board will ask you privately for your serial number because if it's under warranty they'll fix it. If not..you're sol ...it costs about $800 to "fix" including the service charge. It's got a problem and they don't want to acknowledge. Here's a couple of tips...when you call them the recording asks if you will take a brief survey after your call....answer yes - they answer quicker on the call and are much better than if you choose "no" for the survey. Also, go to the "live service chat"  on their home page. Choose the option that your are interested in "purchasing" a samsung fridge with touch screen and ask the "Chat" expert why it is being reported all over their message boards that they are having so many problems with their touch screen...They have a problem with this device and they don't want to acknowledge so at kleast warn other people who are considering buying one. 

useroJDpELgGmV
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The refrigerator screen is frozen I can no longer swipe to another screen.

LilBRulesAll
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
same here. ever since Samsung's software update
LilBRulesAll
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm posting this again since samsung deleted my post. After the most recent samsung software update, my family hub refrigerator touchscreen is unresponsive. It still shows pictures but after resetting I can use it for about a minute. Then it stopped registering touch input. 

There are many of us with this issue. Samsung, please do something. We all spent a good amount of money on these appliances for you to not support them at all. 
user4Y4Gcx2X5Q
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ok I just fixed mine after MONTHS of "on again off again" - I have the family hub app and use an iphone. That's important. So get a USB mouse, can be wireless or corded. Open the compartment where the red "on/off" switch is - on the left is a USB port, connect your mouse there. The mouse should control the screen now. I clicked apps -> smart things-> clear data. This app is for samsung phones to communicate with the fridge, I use an iphone. No need for it. Once I cleared the data from that app, the touch screen worked again. Only thing I can think is that there's a miscommunication between that app and an iphone or that app is trying to do something that my phone can't do - like say UNLOCK.

What a pain for the investment. Hope this works for you.