JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 12-27-2020 03:30 PM)
userop64rKJLlo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My family hub touchscreen does not respond to touch since yesterday , I can’t unlock the screen. I turned off the screen and turned it back but I can’t unlock the screen. I unplugged the fridge and it didn’t work either.

160 Replies
userZfcBzRxS70
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem with my fridge... touch screen stopped working suddenly.. Is there a final solution on that or has the screen to replaced to fix that? 

In my case it works couple minutes after pulling the plug and than again no reaction on the touch screen 

Unbeleavable if I conseder how much I paid for it.. 

I am disapointed about Samsun´s customer servise if I read to all the treads... 

BB

MarieHadfield
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
My Family Hub Touch screen stopped working 11-27-20. have tried unplugging it for 2 minutes, tried the red reset switch, multiple times still not working.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please stop posting this. You and Samsung KNOW it doesn't work. Just blowing smoke is not fixing the problem. 

userDXCpxTouxn
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Tried all reset options... when the reset happens the screen says family hub and the display screen but it does not turn on for us to do anything to it!!! So frustrating!!! Needs to have a better answer! 

0 Likes
userhwDXon6JDS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, 

So disappointed. Everything else works great on the Family Hub refrigerator except for the touch screen.

It comes and goes exporadically. One morning is fine and works for a few hours, then it becomes unresponsive again .  I plugged a remote keyboard and mouse and I can use it as a normal computer.  It looks like  a minor software  glitch to me. What's terrible annoying it's the lack of support,  from either Home Depot store  in Kenner Louisiana, the place we purchased it, and also from  the giant Samsung. We understand how difficult it must be to find technical people right now.  We've been waiting patiently for 3 months, but this totally unacceptable. We paid premium price for this fridge! Please help! Anyone? Note. Recycling it On and Off and clearing the Smart Things data, as suggested by one member did not help. Thanks for the USB hints though. 

user1iIevmwSEl
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Clearly this is a huge issue with this product and Samsung is avoiding being proactive or helping people fix the problem. Clear why they warranty is only a year for an appliance that should last 10+ years. I have all Samsung appliances in my new house as well as a Samsung phone and will definitely not be purchasing another Samsung appliance after this experienc.

Is anyone else Interested in filing a lawsuit against Samsung? I will take care of contacting the attorney, but he will need details from all of you

user8uHlX8MXAc
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just had the same issue and no restart is working. Still on warranty so I will try tomorrow but if no answer I will join to your lawsuit

userLIWkEx0go6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

It just happen to us this morning the screen became unresponsive. All I did was open the right fridge door and turn the red toggle swith off for 10 seconds and turn it back on. After 10 seconds it started ok and works fine. But when I tried it the first time to turn the red toggle swith off I did it quickly and it did not work. Second time I turned it off and waited for 10 seconds then turn it back on and it worked.

0 Likes
userwLv4AgCh0Y
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Any luck finding an attorney yet? Email is <hidden>. I'm 100% with you.