cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model - RF4287HARS/XAA.  Mine just started doing this hum as well.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Follow my instructions.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the detailed tips! I will give it a try.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well add me to the list of people with this problem.  My ice maker doesn't want to work properly so I guess my fridge had to make ice elsewhere.  I still can't believe Samsung has this poor of engineering and customer service.  Guess I'll be taking my fridge apart tomorrow to try and defrost the evaporator. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you do not have a water line connected, turn off the ice maker to avoid this noise and damage to your refrigerator.

If you do have a water line connected, you may still hear this noise (at a much quieter volume). This is the sound of water filling the ice maker, which will be louder if water pressure is too high. You can try turning down the water pressure, as long as you can still dispense 3/4 cup in under 10 seconds, which is the minimum pressure required.

These sounds also describe the sound of the compressor. It sounds just like a quiet engine or motor. It will start up, run at low or high speed (and can change speeds), might make some clicking as it operates, and maybe sputters a bit as the fan slows to a stop.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever figure out what it was?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem from a fridge from same year with no ice build up either.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've already had one problem fixed with my ice maker, now it's making a loud buzzing noise and the ice maker is freezing up.  I see the are lots of problems with this.  I spent a lot of money in this refrigerator and want this fixed.  Please contact me assp

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem described here. Very loud noise from the fan a bit of frost build up on the back wall. The noise stops when you open the door. I have the RF28HFEDBSR which we bought two years ago. Has anyone been able to fix this?