cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the Samsung tech came to repair the problem, we learnt that the fan first starts making noise when there is ice-build up behind the back panel. As the ise build up grows, the fan starts hitting the ice. When you open the door, the fan stops and hence the noise stops.

When the noise stops all together, it means that the fan has stopped working and the fridge will not cool any longer. And food will start spoiling faster. Run to call Samsung tech.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You don't need to call Samsung tech. Just follow this gentlemen's instructions here, posted on this thread about 2 years ago (it has gotten quite massive!). It's his last comment at the bottom.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/7745793

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a joke to that this is a known issue for Samsung Fridges, and yet still no recall or acknowledgement of this issue. I purchased all new Samsung appliances, (fridge, stove, washer, Dryer & Tv) Over $10,000 and have had nothing but problems. I really hope Samsung comes forward and starts fixing this problem. Unacceptable

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow. Having same issues and glad I found this thread. It's SO loud. Add me to the petition. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, page 38, guess I was lucky mine just started doing this after 5 years, 1 month after the extended warranty ran out.  I guess I will try the suggestions.....

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I having the same issue with my Samsung RF4267HARS fridge. I had to take the freezer apart and defrosted as it was making REALLY LOUD BUZZING SOUND approx 7 sec long, every 10min throughout the day. I also had to replace my idce maker. this is sad as the company know they have a big issue with these fridges and refuse to help out. My problem is I not only got the friudge. I bought the stove washer and dryer. 

my washer have been giving probloem since I bought it several technitian have come in for service and still the problem returns. SAMSUNG please help your loyal customers.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just going to pile on here. This happened to my 4 year old refridgerator. I took it apart and manually thawed it. Ice came back after 8 months. Thawed again. Ice came back after 3 months. Not a great trend. It's garbage that Samsung doesn't have a clear, well-documented recommended solution for this obvious design flaw.

First post on page 39, what an honor.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot believe that I am reading 39 pages of the same crud we've been dealing with our 5-year old POS fridge! What is Samsung doing about this? We spent a good dime on all our kitchen appliances and have had a terrible experience with our microwave (it just died, never to work again), our dishwasher, and our refrigerator. This is unacceptable! Who can we contact to get this fixed at NO charge?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup, our Samsung fridge just got the fan noise as well. Model: RF31FMESBSR/AA

Is a Samsung authorized dealer the only way to fix this? They are 40 miles away and charge 300+parts. Visitation fee is included. Seems a bit steep.