cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cobra maker
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we have same model same problem ! how can samsung not regognize there is a problem and issue a solution! refund, trade-in, discount new model, something to remedy an obvious problem with a lot of units!  samsung please advise!

userSNHVVm45pS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You are right. There are so many people with this problem. I wonder if someone has an ongoing civil suit.
userfkfRN8v5AO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If there's some kind of civil suit over a design flaw, I would hope it would be posted here... but then it might get deleted anyway.

Has anyone else had the water dispenser quit working?

crober77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see we are not the only ones with this problem, our samsung is doing the same thing help? RF28HFEDTSR/AA is our model number do we have to worry about it burning up.....

Cynthia

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you seeing any ice build up?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes towards the back of the ice maker unit.  Have to thaw every month with a hair dryer.....not ideal when you paid as much as we all did for these units. 

usercCj65HdPxt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem. Bought the fridge in 2015 an now have to completely defrost it monthly. Very unhappy after spending all this money. I heard something about a defrost thermostat that might be the problem that we could replace - any ideas? I REALLY don't want to fork out another $2000 for a fridge that only lasts 3 years. Terrible.

usercCj65HdPxt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our serial number is RF263BEAESR/AA

Any help would be appreciated. Removing all food and defrosting every month is not sustainable.

userPupcffgbDH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem described here. There is a very loud noise from the fan which stops when you open the door. I have the RF26J7500BC/AA which I bought in June 2015. It appears from the number of similar posts that this is a known issue that Samsung should be addressing. Has anyone had any success in getting a resolution/fix from Samsung? I agree with a previous poster that removing all food and defrosting once a month is neither sustainable nor should it be warranted with a quality refrigerator purchased less than three years ago. 

userCuGSzsML1v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems like this is a pretty common issue. You can add our names to the list of unhappy consumers of this same model. Fyi for those affected, if you turn the ice maker off you can buy some buzz free time until you need to get ice