JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

(Topic created on: 6/10/20 12:15 AM)
userQ62yDd8cJq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge started making a loud fan buzz. It sounds like it's coming from the upper rear center on the inside of the fridge. It only does it when the doors are closed and you can hear it winding down when you open the door. When you close the doors, it winds up to full speed again. We've had this fridge since March 2015. Any ideas? 

407 Replies
user7STBJSLbiQ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I cannot believe that I am reading 39 pages of the same crud we've been dealing with our 5-year old POS fridge! What is Samsung doing about this? We spent a good dime on all our kitchen appliances and have had a terrible experience with our microwave (it just died, never to work again), our dishwasher, and our refrigerator. This is unacceptable! Who can we contact to get this fixed at NO charge?

user5sU4Eeoa34
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yup, our Samsung fridge just got the fan noise as well. Model: RF31FMESBSR/AA

Is a Samsung authorized dealer the only way to fix this? They are 40 miles away and charge 300+parts. Visitation fee is included. Seems a bit steep.

0 Likes
usertTTgL3Xnap
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here.  Did defrost and it helped for about 10 months.   Now it's back, i defrosted it this past Sunday and thought it was good.  Only for the buzz to start again 4 days later!  

I defrosted it again on Friday and it did NOT stop the noise.  So much for buying expensive thinking you get what you pay for.   

obviously a known issue which should be repaired at no charge. 

0 Likes
userji5aGoJwYg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge just started doing this today.

When you open the doors, youll hear a loud humming / rattling from the upper center (like something powering down).  Then when you shut the doors, it hums / rattles back up.

Concerned overall and doesn't look like a consistent solve though a lot of complaints.  Any advice/help?

0 Likes
usersfIVWmKRSY
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is an entire Facebook community dedicated to this issue including guidance on how to work with Samsung (brace yourself).  It is a known MANUFACTURING defect which means it should be addressed regardless of the warranty limitations. 

Go to the New Jersey BBB and you will see pages of filed complaints and Samsung stonewalling customers.  

0 Likes
userKCpWq2v04x
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

For awhile our refrigerator makes a humming noise! Tried everything! Can someone tell me how to let the class action suit against them, I need info to put my name on the list! The suit is in mediation now!

thanks Marcy Greaux

0 Likes
user5ht57jZoII
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having same issue. Model - RF28HMEDBSR/AA

My refrigerator (bought it in 2015) started making rattling noise, and very loud, intensity increases with time (it stops on opening the door). Eventually noise dies out but then cooling completely stops!! we are doing manual defrost. Any fix for this ??

0 Likes
userji5aGoJwYg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

28 cubic ft. French Door Refrigerator with CoolSelect Pantry™ in Stainless Steel

MODEL NUMBER: RF28HFEDBSR/AA
SERIAL NUMBER: <HIDDEN>

Same issue as everyone else reporting... Worth pursuing a fix or get a new fridge from a different manufacturer?

20200610_122950.jpg

@user5ht57jZoII wrote:

I am having same issue. Model - RF28HMEDBSR/AA

My refrigerator (bought it in 2015) started making rattling noise, and very loud, intensity increases with time (it stops on opening the door). Eventually noise dies out but then cooling completely stops!! we are doing manual defrost. Any fix for this ??

0 Likes
user0oWj3BLUvr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've wasted hours and hours looking through pages and pages of comments from various posts and bogus "Solved!" posts from Samsung reps in regards to ice building up in the back panel of my french door fridge.  Shortly before the warranty was about to expire, it started making a grinding noise.  Samsung sent out a tech to replace a few parts and the noise went away but was months later it came back.  I called Samsung but they wanted money so I fixed it myself by emptying the fridge and defrosting the ice.  Now it's almost a once or twice a year ritual.  After 4yrs, I think I've finally had it.

The only solution is to dump this hunk of junk.   Samsung obviously doesn't  stand behind anything they sell  and unless they're willing to make things right with all the people they've jacked over, I at least will never buy anything Samsung again.    Need a phone?  Go with Apple.  Want a computer?  Try Dell.  A TV?  I'll try Visio.  Washer and Dryer broken?  Don't even waste your money on Samsung.  And a fridgerator?  You must be joking!

0 Likes
usere7HxisHlXU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have Samsung  fridge for couple years and started have this problem..it's so noisy and bothered my family so much..called someone to fix, they asked for 120 just for come take a look..I looked some solutions on internet and chose manual defrost. After 1st time it's last about a month, then the 2,3,4...now more than 10 times and every 3-4 days I have to defrost by dryer..Samsung need to work on this problem..I warned my friend that they should not buy any electronics from Samsung..Bad production and Service.

0 Likes