cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

useraOU0wQfL0S, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number. Unfortunately, we were unable to pull up the serial number that you posted. 

Link for private message

user6st773t6YH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung rf28hdedbsr makes the humming whirling noise, which stop when the door is opened.

Of course this started when the warranty ran out.  Samsung refuses to help.  Followed others advice.  I have to defrost it now about once a month.  Spent a lot of money on this refrigerator and it was top rated in consumer .  I will never ever buy another Samsung product again.

userZjVXf8Jdwr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are videos on youtube showing how to get rid of the ice. One of them shows how to insulate parts of the colling tubes but I don't know how long this lasts. I don't know if Samsung has a fix for this issue or fired the designer who came up with this poor design. As for me, disassembling the inside of the fridge and melting the ice with a hair dryer is the only thing that works.

userZ3YNwAr5at
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's absolutely nuts! I can't believe there's not a recall or a class action suit against them.
Highlighted
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is, link attached

KSG Files Class Action Complaint Against Samsung for Refrigerators with Defective Ice Makers

<Hidden>

useryNiq1Nvh3r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same model, same problem here.  I had a similar issue with a Samsung TV in the past. A part would burn out after the 1 year warrenty in way too many models.  Why are they making products that don't last and then they don't take care of the customers. Do they think we will keep buying their brand?

user7KshkSlbpP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The link for the lawsuit was missing from the text I read.  I have the same humming noise problem and would like to join the lawsuit.  Can you send me the link?

user7KshkSlbpP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to join the lawsuit since I have the same problem.  Can you send me the link?

userTlwypivjUF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My RF28HMEDBSR has the same buzzing noise. The ice maker doesn't seem to be the culprit. Where should I look for ice buildup?

userkkU59eLpix
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started this week.  RF23HTEDBS. 2.5 years old.