cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellyafitz
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I woke up to the horrible humming fan noise this morning!  Model RF23HCEDBSR/AA.

Has anyone had any success contacting either one of the Moderators in this thread?

uservljW48HVU8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours makes the noise too. Our fridge is about 2 years old. When it was about 1 year and a few months old, it started with the problem of not making ice, and we’d have to take the ice maker out and remove the built up ice about once every two weeks. A few months ago it started with the noises, and is getting progressively worse. We have Samsung TV, washer, dryer, fridge, and microwave as well. After this issue, I will never buy another Samsung product again. If any of my friends or family consider a Samsung appliance, I will be sure to inform them of my issue and advise against purchasing anything Samsung.

Funny, my husband just walked in the house and said “**bleep** is that thing loud!!!” It’s ridiculous considering how much we paid.

Highlighted
user9Bi4isF2Vi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF28HDEDTSR and loved it until today...humming sound which is overpowering and loud.  Over 2 years old and of course I had only a 2 year service plan.  Come on Samsung -- another single mom here who bought your product thinking it would last a bit longer than 3 years....

userkibUioXe4R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same thing and I called them and of course it was bought in 2014 and is out of warranty and my responsibility to pay for a service call.   This don’t make sense for every one that is made is doing the same thing and it’s my responsibility to pay.   Samsung needs to honor their product!

userRWJPKEh85k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ours does the same thing.  Ice builds up behind the panel on the back wall and the fan starts hitting it making the noise.  Repairman I called took back inside panel off and defrosted the big block of ice that had built up.  Fridge was 3.5 years old at time.  Now we have to defrost it at least once a year.  Samsung appears to be no help.  To me, this is definitely a design/defect.  I've had refrigerators for 50 years and never had a problem like this all the time.

user1HCD4pqzBF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have this same issue on a different model:
Model: RF28HFEDBBC/AA
No visible ice buildup
Sounds like the fan blades are coming in contact with something. Are there any exploded views of all the components? I can probably tell you part is making the noise from the picture (sorry, I'm an engineer by profession).
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried defrosting the unit and turning Energy Saver mode off? 

userLlB1SwTogc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate everyone's input on this thread. I was able to build some courage after booking appointments for techs to come by (being quoted up to 450 to fix "parts") and defrost the 2.5 year old fridge that I have. I followed some helpful videos on youtube which helped me to remove all the necessary drawers and the panel inside the fridge. I also took a hairdryer to expedite the process.

I also used the nuts on the bottom front of the fridge to lean it top-back to keep the defrosting issue from happening again.

userom2f9bHYPL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Michelle, I have a samsung rf28hmedbsr 4 door fridge.  It started the whole buzzing issue back in December.  Defrosted twice and energy saver off.  Buzzing again and ice at the back.  I am so sad. I can’t be defrosting this machine every couple months.  Help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userom2f9bHYPL, please send us a private message with the full serial number: Link