JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

(Topic created on: 4/8/18 4:41 PM)
userQ62yDd8cJq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge started making a loud fan buzz. It sounds like it's coming from the upper rear center on the inside of the fridge. It only does it when the doors are closed and you can hear it winding down when you open the door. When you close the doors, it winds up to full speed again. We've had this fridge since March 2015. Any ideas? 

407 Replies
userbhHMNem9Ef
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've already had one problem fixed with my ice maker, now it's making a loud buzzing noise and the ice maker is freezing up.  I see the are lots of problems with this.  I spent a lot of money in this refrigerator and want this fixed.  Please contact me assp

0 Likes
userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem described here. Very loud noise from the fan a bit of frost build up on the back wall. The noise stops when you open the door. I have the RF28HFEDBSR which we bought two years ago. Has anyone been able to fix this?

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you tried defrosting the unit?

0 Likes
userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How do we defrost the unit?

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The best way to defrost the unit is to put the unit in demo mode for a few hours.

0 Likes
userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

OK we will try this defrost method and update here. any tips on how to avoid this in the future? The fridge is only two years old.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Make sure you keep the unit at the recommended temperatures and try to avoid leaving the door open for long periods of time. 

0 Likes
userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi Michelle,

I tried the defrost method you suggested but after two weeks the noise and ice came back. The fridge is only two years old. please help.

Thanks,

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If the noise came back after defrosting the unit, I would recommend having a service tech take a look at the unit. I can get that setup for you if you would like, Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Was anyone successfull is fixing the problem with a service? I read here people spending hundreds of dollars with the issue still remaining. 

0 Likes