cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userCuGSzsML1v
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems like this is a pretty common issue. You can add our names to the list of unhappy consumers of this same model. Fyi for those affected, if you turn the ice maker off you can buy some buzz free time until you need to get ice

usertSuFOzXcrh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung is doing the same thing everyone else is complaining about.  Melt the ice from where exactly?  I won't take off the back cover on the whole refrigerator because that will break the seal and void the warranty.  Are you talking about inside the maker itself?  My ice is melting as well.  No ice jams that I notice.   A few ice crystals hanging from the top of the maker, right above where the tray slides in.  Fan noise is horrible.  Goes away when the door is shut.  Today the noise is back even when the door is closed.  What a pain!

Any clues?  I have a hair dryer or heat gun.  Just need to know where to point it.

Thank you!

Ryan

usertSuFOzXcrh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mod is RF22K9381SR/AA Ser# [Redacted]

usereD2KcnKXnQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fan makes no noise refer model number RF18HFENBSR not cooling it is in a Montana 5th wheel

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertSuFOzXcrh, if you would like to get set up for service, please send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

crober77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know I've spent more time thawing  out the back of the refrigerator.  Then I have actually enjoying the **bleep** thing  when it's not making humming noises. 

Cyn

userXkVQ5P79QO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem on the same model # RF28HMEDBSR/AA - is there a recommended solution?

usero2AbgXCEg8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. Back of the fridge had ice building up, fan noise etc. After a lot of digging and more than a few hours on you tube. I narrowed it down to a faulty defrost sensor. For my particular model (rf266abpn) my part # is DA32-00027B. $14. Here's a link to the video I found most helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tARlz_AWjOM

userTdgb2RWNvr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our's just started this noise this morning RF28HMEDBSR. Is there a real fix from Samsung?

userbzj3yi4zv8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here...just started this morning