JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

(Topic created on: 5/10/18 4:53 AM)
userQ62yDd8cJq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge started making a loud fan buzz. It sounds like it's coming from the upper rear center on the inside of the fridge. It only does it when the doors are closed and you can hear it winding down when you open the door. When you close the doors, it winds up to full speed again. We've had this fridge since March 2015. Any ideas? 

407 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You can send us a private message here: Link

0 Likes
nanscott
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are having issues with the ice maker freezing up as well and the buzzing just started a few days ago. We bought it 2 years ago next month.

Model RF28JBEDBSG/AA

I tried to click on your link to send a private message but it didn't work.

0 Likes
useruKO9kJblN6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I sent one. Looking for your help to resolve this ASAP. Thanks.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
uservbv26ImJls
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

the link to the class action suit is missing

0 Likes
userqllYJXNs1A
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This has been happening for the last 4 months with my fridge. Driving me absolutely nuts.

Send help.

0 Likes
userK828CnvQJQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Whatever happened to consumer protection. That's why we have class action law suits. If you make a product that's faulty own up to it! The product you made is a beautiful piece of junk! By the sheer volume of complaints you know it....

0 Likes
userI0X10AG26M
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Moderator....ur clueless and I must be too for buying Samsung appliances, they’re horrible. I bought three at the same time about two years ago so that they would match in my kitchen. I’ve had nothing but constant trouble with all three of them; dishwasher (wouldn’t drain or run), stove (fan stopped working) and now the refrigerator (doesn’t cool).  I’m so disappointed in all of these products and would tell everyone DO NOT EVER PURCHASE Samsung appliances, total P-O-S!!!!!

0 Likes
userY20nzsvwOL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Dear Sir,

From the Samsung community discussion I found you discussed the fan noise.  The decription from the cumstumer in the discussion group is exactly what is happening now to my home referigerator, and the model is the same too.  I saw you sign in as Samgsung Moderator, and said email can be sent to you for service fixing.  So, I'm writing to you here.  

Symptom:  Open the refereigerator door, noises stop.  After close the door,  big noises come from the back the referigerator.  Ice maker is not on.  

This refereigerator is just two years old.  Series number: 065L43AG201465E. 

Need help to fix it.  Can't believe the quality of this product is so .....   Online there are some youtube videos showing how to get rid of the ice built up inside, but this can only last for a few months, you will have to do it again.  

0 Likes