cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservlbBc0o5pS
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue of a loud fan buzzing sound from the top back of the refrigerator... stops when door is opened.. guessing it is from the fan.... model number RF26VABBP... Had this issue in the past too about a year ago, called a repair person who used hair dryer to melt all the ice away, and replaced some kind of heater coil too.... but again the same issue... there is ice build up in the bottom back of refrigerator section

useruV1si2n78s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have this same issue as everyone else. Fan noise when door is closed and fan stops when doors open. Seals on the doors are fine.  What is going on with these fridges? mine was purchased in 9/2015. Less than 3 years for a fridge?

Why is this marked as "Solved"??? There is no solution here other than the private message a moderator.

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is two years old. Samsung is expecting us to buy a Fridge every two years. I can't believe they are still selling these Fridges.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

useruV1si2n78s The current "solution", or rather what's needed, is service repairs. The mods make no guarantees on coverage for out of warranty units, but we would be happy to see if there is anything we could offer. Feel free to send us a private message with the model code and serial number for more details. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For starter Samsung folks could explain what is going on with these fridges. it will help us make a decision on how to proceed forward. why are they all failing?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As the mods here are not certified technicians, we are not qualified to diagnose the exact cause of any symptoms. This is why we refer customers to repairs so that a certified technician can help address the cause of the occurring symptoms. I apologize for any inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if you don't have the answer then who from Samsung can give the answer? Do you find it reasonnable to ask people to spend $500 on repairs that won't fix the problem? The fridge cost almost $3000 and only lasted two years. this is unacceptable.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately only a certified technician is qualified to diagnose the exact cause of any symptoms. 

Highlighted
KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ha, Like those certified technicians that have made multiple service calls, changed components that didn't need changing, etc et.?? No offense to the technicians, this is on samsung! You know there is a design flaw with the units!  Why would we spend more money on this when based on the experience noted in these threads it does not fix the issue.   All you have to do is read through this thread to know the design is flawed, Samsung takes no ownership in this and i let people know this often.   

userZBtcV2VSjf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is all smoke and mirrors.  Our refrigerator is just over 2.5 years old and we have ice under the ice container which if I don’t chip away once a week, the ice will dam up and not fall into the bucket.  I’ve got serious ice buildup behind the back “twin cooling” (that’s an understatement!) panel.  Defrosting that every month.  It’s 2018 Samsung, we shouldn’t have to defrost a refrigerator like we lived in the 1940’s. I purchased and Lowe’s and they are still selling these POS units.  So here’s what’s happening now: the thing is screaming and it appears it’s the fan of the ice maker.  I couldn’t even find anyone to work on it! Last week, I paid $50 just to get an appointment thru Servicers of America (Lowe’s gave me this contact/number) and a tech came out,  says there’s a new ice maker for my unit and the defrost sensor is bad.  Funny thing, the defrost sensor is back-ordered.  That tells me there’s a ton of refrigerators needing those little puppies.  So, after a week, he should be here next Tuesday and make the repairs to the tune of $300.  If it doesn’t work, I’m going to load it up and wheel it into Lowe’s and demand they take it back.  I have a 20 yo Maytag in the garage, in 90* heat in the Florida summers, dented, rusted, moldy gaskets and it hums right along and keeps the coldest beer around! And 13 pages of complaints right here should tell Samsung something....let alone all the other sites on the internet with the exact complaints concerning this obvious design flaw.  I’ve told everyone I know not to buy this fridge...and I’m a Realtor.  I’ll spread it far and wide. Piece of junk.