cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZfkmqN3LFM
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Sounds like a defect to me. How can I get this resolved? Fairly new French door refrigerator 

userbPnhs9KyQ1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto to all that has been said in this chain.  My refrigerator is only 2.5 years old and it has been a real lemon from the beginning.  The ice machine stopped working almost immediately.  After one "repair" we started buying bagged ice.  Now there is ice build up with ice coming through the vents in the back and loud humming.  The fridge is not staying cool enough and my food goes sour.  Given how common this problem appears to be, I think Samsung should do something besides just telling us to use a certified repair person.  I love all my other Samsung products but not this one.  Shame on you Samsung!  Not looking forward to buying a new fridge in such a short time frame.  You owe us!

usert4151Ly4uM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung fridge just started making a constant humming sound. It stops when the doors are opened and starts again as soon as the doors are closed. Our door ice maker has consistently gotten blocked up and melted ice will drip until we pull the ice maker out and remove the ice block, for over a year now. Then the process starts all over again in a week or two. We purchased 2.5 years ago. This is extremely frustrating. 

userNv2ubAPDBE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model# RF23HCEDBSR - We bought this refrigerator 2 years ago and it already broke down twicw! It is a defective product. The refrigerator shows temperature of 39 but does not cool at all. I started hearing a fan noise coming from the refridgeration section and the next day it would not cool at all. I thought it needs to defrost, so I peek between the back cover and entire cooling systems is covered in 2" of ice. Fan was frozen over. Surely the fridge will not work, since the coolant isn't flowing through the inside fridge. I turned the fridge off and defrosted the whole thing. Removed all the groceries, spent over a day without fridge. We have a baby and we store his milk suppy in the fridge and that has gone bad!! I called the Samsung service but still waiting to hear from them. I am an avid user of Samsung products but this is an absolute let down! will NEVER recommend anyone to buy this product! Very very dissatisfied.

userlhGAEb5Y1G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just talked to a repairman about this exact issue. He said that the back of the fridge freezes up and blocks the fan, the solution is to defrost it. He also gave another bit of advice. He said to remove the lower back panel of the fridge and locate 2 pieces of tubing. If our fridge they are light gray, bigger in diameter than the rest of the tubes, and about 6-8 inches long. You can easily remove them. Inside there is like a rubber valve that gets clogged up. He said you have to clean it out, otherwise it will keep freezing up often because this creates excessive condensation inside due to the clog. A horrible design flaw. I hope this helps a few people. 

userBFT3uy0Han
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userlhGAEb5Y1G,

Would you happen to have a picture of this rubber valve that needs to get cleaned out?

As I posted earlier, we were having issues with this refridgerator and the Samsung service repairman came earlier this week to replace the heat sensor (again) and put in a new evaporator fan.

While it temporarily has seemed to have fixed the cooling and noise issue so far, we are now having condensation issues inside since the repair.  Will call Samsung again soon but would like to know a little bit of this valve or tube you speak of as our repairman (a Samsung certified repairman mind you) didn't even tell us of this.

Still extremely disappointed Samsung neither cares to solve this properly but instead by replaces parts that will get replaced again down the road because the root of the issue is never being solved.

Thanks.

userzqMxIioIc9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with my fridge. Fan is loud when the doors are closed. Turns off when we open the doors. I see some ice build up coming out of the bottom right exhaust hole. 

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your fridge.  We definitely need to try some troubleshooting steps so we can try to isolate the issue better. I have attached a troubleshooting link below for your particular model. Please keep me posted on the outcome.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just double checking, were you able to try the steps mentioned earlier in this thread?

userbGm8cxPu8E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  A quick Google search of Samsung fridge fan noise brought me right to this webpage which is 19 pages deep of people with the same complaint.  How convenient that the moderators delete the links that owners posted about class action law suits.  What is the true solution?  Having people go through the exercise to make sure their fridge is level and having to empty and thaw every month is unacceptable.