cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriWpMtv5YC2
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this thread labeled "Solved"?

Nothing is solved. I, too, have RF23HCEDBSR/aa. Exact same problem: buzzing sound from the top back near ice maker (ice maker is off), stops when door is open.

Interested in joining the class action lawsuit. 

There are a couple YouTube videos that show thawing out the ice maker fan... I've never even used the ice maker!

userCYrdd8b9L7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the RF28 etc. 4-door Samsung.  I bought it almost exactly two years ago.  A few weeks ago it started making the loud sound coming from behind the Twin Cooling panel.  I had to leave on a trip and when I got back the sound was gone, but the upper main fridge compartment was obviously much warmer than it should have been.  The freezer didn’t seem affected, however, and the drinks in the flex drawer felt cold to the touch.

I live in a a rural area and we aren’t exactly crawling with Samsung certified techs around here.  The one repairman we have in town was drunk and couldn’t even take off the evaporator fan cover panel, so I YouTubed it and defrosted the unit myself.

I can’t tell if the evaporator fan is working again or not.  It’s starting to cool a bit again, but I’m wondering if I should jump down the rabbit hole of trying to replace parts (evaporator fans, defrost sensors, etc.) over and over again for what is apparently a design flaw that the company has refused to address anywhere in these 19 pages and several years of consumer complaints.

I am a (recovering) attorney, and know that class action suits usually just benefit the attorneys, with a pittance for the plaintiff class.  How depressing, because when the fridge worked I loved it.  And now it doesn’t and from what everyone says, I’m not going to be able to rely on it.  Which is a shame because it LOOKS great in my kitchen.  

I will contact the the class action attorneys.  Companies are usually more responsive, however, to bad publicity brought on by consumer investigations on the local news, social media campaigns, negative reviews that go viral, that sort of thing.  We need an Instagram influencer to take up the cause.  Samsung victims, post your bad reviews everywhere!

MadBaker
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any luck on the class action? I am having the same problem as everyone else it seems. It's irritating to spend all this money on a "quality" refrigerator that doesn't work! I am tired of replacing parts just to have the same problem again and again.

useryUbWJSPtgP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RSA1Z seems to have same issue (2y 2m old, just out of warranty!)

when ice maker is ON there seems to be a motor running constantly (fan??) which is louder than the compressor it seems

if i put the maker off this sound stops !

icemaker and everything seems to work fine

managed to find the service manual and did all the panel diagostic tests for sensor issues but all come back fine

will try a forced defrost and see how it goes

PS: put an energy monitor on the unit, it draws about 70W when this motor is running (icemaker ON)

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was just checking in to see if you still needed assistance.

userw5kZvKfgVs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours is doing the same thing.  Bought it new in February 2017 (Samsung RF28HMEDBSRIAA.)

The fan runs when the doors our shut and stops when we open them.  There is no freezing/frost build up.  The only thing we noticed was prior to this, the water from the fridge dispenser didn't seem as cool and the ice cube dispenser seems to have some water dripping in it.

Can you help?  

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your fridge.  We definitely need to try some troubleshooting steps so we can try to isolate the issue better. I have attached some troubleshooting links below for your particular model. Please inform me of the outcome.

userCNd7afIBOy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi ,

I am adding myself here for the same issue bought this samsung refrigerator model RS265TDRS Mar 9,2014 at a premium only to find out now there are about 76k views and everybody has same issue. There is loud fan noise and stops when you open the fridge. I tried defrosted it about a month back and issues comes back.There is no frost build up. I have put the refrigerator on energy saver mode. NO ICE setting. still this issue surfaces.

why does samsung sell these products if you know there is an issue. Please let me know if there is a fix or should i throw this out.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your fridge.  We definitely need to try some troubleshooting steps so we can try to isolate the issue better. I have attached a troubleshooting link below for your particular model. If these steps do no resolve the issue, at that point service will be needed.  If the unit was purchased in 2014 the unit will be out of warranty.  Our apologies, due to the age of the unit, we are unable to assist with the cost of the repair.  You can use the following link below to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair and provide you with quotes on service/labor.  If you have an extended warranty, then you would want to contact them at this time.

userCNd7afIBOy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what should i be paying for service when i paid fortune for the refrigerator and its doesnt work within 4 years. Is this the quality samsung is providing its customers ? I will make sure i report it to BBB and also my friends and relatives so that they dont get fooled to go for samsung again.i used my previous refrigerator for 10 yrs no issues. by the way you never mentioned .is this ok to have the noise ? how long should i anticipate to work