cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN2SZmYpsVO
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a similar issue though I haven't pulled off the "twin cooling" panel to see if there is ice, I just have the fan making noise as it spins when the door is closed and when we open the door we can hear it spin down and the noise gets louder until it stops.  should I just respond off one of the PM links in previous posts?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userN2SZmYpsVO   You can send your model and serial numbers to this link, and we will be happy to look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

uservi07QaNSLn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, who should I contact?

userJYWPOoOvaL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have identical problem with same model, and same year. What was the solution?

userZeBtlUCdnf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same! Can you please explain the problem & solution?

Thanks!

Highlighted
userGZwpClDtmH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Number : RF28HMELBSR

Having the same issue every 2 weeks, loud noise of the fan hitting ice! Can see the ice build up through the vents on the styrofoam sheet. Only thing I can do is let it defrost and wait for it make the noise again. 

I'm almost afraid to open the fridge!!

Seals are good on the doors, no wheels touching the ground, barely keep anything in the fridge.. so no question of blocking vents!!

Why is Samsung not doing anything???

Already had my washing machine sent back in a recall last year. Horrible experience, will stay far far away from Samsung.

userGVYE8Dp0xT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Count me in as another victim of "fan ice-gate." Started yesterday with loud vibration noise. Had a tech come out who diagnosed it the minute he heard it and said 'yep, that's a Samsung defect.' Can only fix by letting it sit for 36 hours to melt the ice. With this obvious design flaw, how can they even be put on the market??!

Kathie16
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing to do, since Samsung is ignoring the issue, is get service from an authorized repair facility and call Customer Service.   Since my unit is five years old this year - there are "no accomodations" available (refunds or new unit).

So now the only left for me to do is go buy a new refrigerator - which won't be a Samsung.  

useraM0bOa3yG0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been having the same issues with my fridge. I’ve been taking it apart, defrosting and putting it back together for about 2-3 years. I hate it. I’ve had tech come out as well but that was for a different issue. Now the warranty is out and seems I’m out of luck. If anyone knows of a class action suit or would like to start one please let me know. 

Thanks and Happy Defrosting....

Kathie16
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The class action suit has been filed (2017) and is closed;  they have enough complaints.  If you google KSG class action all the details are there.

Got my new fridge this week (not Samsung) and hopefully it will be quiet and trouble free for awhile.