cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraM0bOa3yG0
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve been having the same issues with my fridge. I’ve been taking it apart, defrosting and putting it back together for about 2-3 years. I hate it. I’ve had tech come out as well but that was for a different issue. Now the warranty is out and seems I’m out of luck. If anyone knows of a class action suit or would like to start one please let me know. 

Thanks and Happy Defrosting....

Kathie16
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The class action suit has been filed (2017) and is closed;  they have enough complaints.  If you google KSG class action all the details are there.

Got my new fridge this week (not Samsung) and hopefully it will be quiet and trouble free for awhile.

userGVXVGvOrkp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

did you ever figure out the issue- having same issue

userxBP60hFUqz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Returned mine after one day. This thing is horribly loud.

Too bad. It was only $799 brand new, no wonder it was so cheap. 

useryzyrQ6j9C9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This absolutely does not have a fix. The only thing more frustrating than defrosting this fridge every month is seeing the issue listed as "Solved."

We have a FR24FSEDBSR/AA. It worked fine from January 2015 to June 2018. That was the first time the ice built up on upper right of the back interior panel, and started coming into contact with the evaporator fan.

We defrosted the fridge the first time on June 9. It froze up again and started making the fan noise on August 12. Defrosted again. Fan noise started again on September 18, and we defrosted it again, and arranged a repair tech through Samsung.

Tech (Dish Network Services) installed the water leakage kit, and couldn't find anything specifically wrong with it. Theory was maybe an issue with the main PCB (main board). They installed a new one (October 4). $219 parts and labor (in addition to the $100 service call fee).

Evaporator fan noise started again yesterday, November 9. Looks like we'll be spending another Saturday afternoon defrosting this fridge. I just can't believe I have to call Samsung again when they open on Monday.

What an incredibly frustrating experience.

user5jVv0RLrZy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also suffering through the same issues with my Fridge Model RF268.  Loud buzzing coming from iside back of Fridge only when doors are closed due to constant Ice build up.  Since it is out of warranty and there appears to be no permanent fix for this, Is Samsung willing to do something to help out it's customers that all have the same problem?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user5jVv0RLrZy I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please provide the serial number in Private Message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV

userbw9e1aKX6L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing on my RF28HMEDBSR. I was told to defrost after the sound first time and now the sound is back again. There was ice build up last time and now there is no ice build up on back of fridge. Is there a reason to schedule a service technician if that is not going to help? 

This is frustrating.

Naresh

user5jVv0RLrZy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I sent SamsungHeath back a private message with my serial number per his request. He stated that he would be happy to look into it further for me. The answer that I got back via private message was from SamsungJam.  This message only says "Are you still needing assistance?"  This customer service (or lack of) makes no sense to me at all. Yes I still need assistance. Can Samsung provide any?

useryzyrQ6j9C9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm hoping today's fix works...

Samsung tech (through Dish Network Services) came out three days ago to defrost and look at the fridge again (Model RF24FSEDBSR/AA).  Last month they installed a new main board (main PCB), hoping it was an electronic issue.  That didn't work.

This time, after they defrosted the fridge, and changed the evaporator sensor position (basically b/c they didn't know what else to try), we were putting the cover back on the unit when I noticed some "spiderweb" cracking in the plastic behind the evaporator coils.  We unhooked the coils and pulled them forward for a better look, and sure enough, there were a bunch of cracks in the plastic wall liner.  The tech called his master tech, and sent him some pictures, and they ordered a Liner Repair Kit from Samsung.

They came back today and repaired the cracks in the plastic with the Liner Repair Kit (silicone glue and rectangular patches).

I am very hopeful that this fixes the problem.  It's the first potential solution that intuitively makes sense.  The location of the cracks in the plastic liner correspond perfectly to the heaviest areas of ice build up in our fridge.  This would also explain why our fridge worked great for the first ~ three years, and then needed to be defrosted every month (i.e. when the [poorly designed/manufactured] plastic began to fail).

That said, I do realize that the root cause of the ice could be an altogether separate issue, and the cracks in the plastic liner could be the result of stress/flex from ice repeatedly accumulating between the liner and the evaporator coils. 

Time to unpack the coolers again!  Solidarity!