cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would like to look into this for you.  Could you provide any transaction numbers you may have or send us a private message with the fill model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1QvVjacfsf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same thing. Really angry after spending 3000.00 for this thing. If you start a class action suit, count me in.

Cindy

Highlighted
userLFvOsru3ws
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree on the class action suit.  We have a 2 yr. old Samsung Refrig. Model RF28HMEDBSR/AA.  Approx. once a month, the fan will buzz (like so many have mentioned here) and my husband and I go about emptying the Refrig. and my husband gets his tools out, opens up the back of the unit and begins thawing the major build up of ice.  

As consumers, we have each spent alot of money on these Refrigerators.  They look beautiful, but their function is unexceptable.  Shame on Samsung for not acknowledging this HUGE problem.

@userZ3YNwAr5at wrote:
I'm having the same problem with my fridge. A 2 year old baby! I'm thinking we need to open a CLASS ACTION SUIT against Samsung if they don't provide a solution!

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please ask your husband to move the sensor as shown in previous posts. And to check the error codes. 

userRWJPKEh85k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree.  Samsung tech even told me "ice is due to warm air entering the refrigerator"  Well how do they think you're going to get food in and out, duh!   We've had to defrost ours 3 times and less than5 years.  I feel its a design flaw too but Samsung won't admit it.  Too many people are having the same issue.

user8FC82DrCba
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator does the same thing you spend thousands and they won't fix their design flaw? I would like to get a class action lawsuit. Who is with me?

user8FC82DrCba
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's get a class action lawsuit together.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8FC82DrCba: If you would like to send us a private message, we would be happy to look into your issues.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its probably sthe same scenario as on this link (Ice maker not making enough ice)

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Kitchen/page/8/thread-id/80 

Very common problem that Samsung will not recognize.  Samsung Service centers apparantly can't fix (See link)

Horrible flaw in the product.  The Moderators will have you open a ticket, the service guys won't be able to fix it.  i have a hard time going through the process and $600+ in service tix to tell them i need to get a new fridge.  Like many on the other post, i'm hoping for some sort of recall.......in the meantime telling everyone not to purchase samsung fridges. 

userSqVfC1EgZp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the RF18HFENBSP and it is doing the same thing for me. I literally have to unplugg the unit and let it defrost and then it will work again for about a month.