cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you seeing a build up of ice by any chance?  Anything touching the fan? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useruzSQHi7KAu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, but where do you see a build up of ice or the fan? Is it behind the fridge or behind the freezer? I google around and I see a lot of people talk lot about the fan in the fridge. In my case it seems that the loud fan buzz came from the freezer, but my hearing couldn’t be wrong. Thank you for your prompt reply to my message.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It should be at the top, towards the back. Do you see any ice build up? Have you tried defrosting the unit? Are the door seals intact? Is the unit properly leveled?

useruzSQHi7KAu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The door seals are intact, and the fridge is leveled. I do not see it but I think the ice is buildup since I unplugged the power of the fridge last night and this morning the water is flooded my floor, luckily for me since the floor is tiles. Now I have turned back the fridge on for more than an hour and did not hear any fan crumbling sound.  Is there another way you can defrosting the unit without unplugged the power? Again thank for all the prompt replies from Samsung moderates.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! You can use Cooling Off Mode:

Capture.PNG

useruzSQHi7KAu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the info. I’ll use this feature in the future, hopefully in the far future. So far so good the temperatures are raised up and no rattle noise sound. Thank again for all your help and have a good weekend.

Highlighted
userLU3hlCtMxZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is no solution.  We had the same problem. It started about 3 years after we bought the refigerator.  We have had service done and their fix didn't work.  In fact, at the service call, we were told their fix might not work.  However, we still had to pay. We contacted the Samsung moderator, but all he or she said was the refigerator needs service. Obviously, from all the comments in this thead, the refigerators were not made well.

usereAO4F5pliI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Am having the exact same thing

userrZ0Kz7h2jN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too had the same issue.

Freezer was fine

Ice maker was fine (though excessive buildup when I took tray out - I clean that out 2x per year)

Model RF23HTEDBSR

Purchased Oct 2015

Actions:

Took all the shelves and draws out

Youtubed how to remove the shelf the drawers slide under. (was a bit difficult)

Removed the panel and VERY carefully took off

To find:

- Ice chunk blocking the fan from rotating

- Copper pipes froze over.

- Drain froze over.

I proceeded to use a blow dryer to melt all the ice

Plug back in... temp is slowing decreasing in fridge and sounds like fan is running again.

Probelem (seems) to be solved without all the tech hassle... thanks to all these posts + youtube

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please move your sensor ! This will prevent recurrence . You can also get an improved drain tab .