JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

(Topic created on: 3/26/17 5:40 PM)
userQ62yDd8cJq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge started making a loud fan buzz. It sounds like it's coming from the upper rear center on the inside of the fridge. It only does it when the doors are closed and you can hear it winding down when you open the door. When you close the doors, it winds up to full speed again. We've had this fridge since March 2015. Any ideas? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
407 Replies
userlEeLCwPTd1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue. I don’t know how to fix it. 

0 Likes
SamsungCat
Nebula
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userlEeLCwPTd1

Sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your fridge.  Please provide me your complete model code and serial number to the link below and I will be glad to look into your issue.

0 Likes
userWyvZigXBqJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just adding another “me too” to the list.

Our refrigerator is model:

rf23hcedtsr/aa

Periodic problems w/ice not dispensing -beginnng about a month ago.  Frost and ice was built up at the back of the icemaker. We’ve done the blow dryer defrost of the icemaker 3x in the past two weeks.

Today, the same loud buzzing began -as others are describing.  Is coming from inside, near or at the back of the ice maker.  

0 Likes
usergViVOV8gp0
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the exact same problem.  Buzzing from the top-center of the refrigerator when the doors are closed.  No ice on the back wall... I see styrofoam through the vents on the back wall...... what are my options?

Model # RF28HFEDTSR

0 Likes
userva3uLRWALh
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What was the solution? I am having the same issue and will call Samsung. Would be great to know if they have a solution or does it mean using a hair dryer every few weeks.

0 Likes
userjtm42c856H
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

mine makes noise too. Where do you see the ice buildup?

0 Likes
Capricorn01
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the exact same issue! For the amount of money that we have all paid,  you'd think that they would issue a recall and fix the problem. Instead, they are setting themselves up for major sales losses. RF28HMEDBSR Is my model number. 

0 Likes
userNSyy7q6GV7
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My RF260BEAESR/AA also makes this noise. It has since as far as I can remember shortly after it was out of warranty. I have to repeatedly take the shelves out, remove the back cover, melt the ice that has enveloped the cooling coils, melt the ice built up between cover and Styrofoam, then put it all back together. What an ordeal a person should not have this much fun with one appliance. again one vary dissatisfied past customer.

0 Likes
userRWJPKEh85k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem  RF260beaesp  Samsung won't take ownership of the problem.  Has to be a design flaw.  I'm also going to starty telling anyone that asks not to buy a Samsung refrigerator.

0 Likes
userCVLJDuJdNU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We have RF260BEAEBC/AA about three years old. Same as everyone else on this chain. Will never buy Samsung again. So disappointed in the brand.
0 Likes