cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCVLJDuJdNU
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We have RF260BEAEBC/AA about three years old. Same as everyone else on this chain. Will never buy Samsung again. So disappointed in the brand.
user4QlEhhM7jH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MODEL NUMBER: RF28HFEDTSR/AA SERIAL NUMBER: <HIDDEN> Making humming noise when doors are closed Chat with customer service, they claimed that the fridge is not levelled. <HIDDEN> Purchase in 2015. Warranty expired 2016. Terrible product

useran7265Fj4l
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF28HMEDBSR is also my model number. It started happening after the warranty, so we looked online and it looked like various possible issues. We don't have build up that we can see, but we still defrosted the fridge, and then had to do it again about 6 months later...then did it 6 months later again... then it started up again after 2 weeks. Called for repair (just to ask questions), said it's probably the evaporator cover, which is a $300 part, plus $100 for diagnosis, plus labor, and they weren't sure how much the labor could be.  ("the fridge usually takes the longest to fix", "it's not a flat fee, but not an hourly fee, it's a set fee depending on how long it takes, it's up to the technician"...)  When I looked up "evaporator cover", it says to replace it if it sounds like the noise is coming from the freezer.  I told them it sounds like it's coming from the "Twin Cooling" cover in the back of the fridge... Hate that it seems to be a known issue, yet we will need to pay $400 plus labor to not even know if it's fixed... 

Looking at new fridges, and even though our whole kitchen during a remodel and washer and dryer were Samsung, will never buy another Samsung! 

userva3uLRWALh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What was the final outcome? Did you get another fridge?

userSvX45z5vW3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem. Bought the fridge at the end of 2015 and started to have this issue from about middle of 2017. The model number is RF28HDEDBSR/AA.

Anyone got a solution for this problem?

Want to post a photo here, but don't know how.

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have posted the solution, please see my previous posts 

@userSvX45z5vW3 wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Bought the fridge at the end of 2015 and started to have this issue from about middle of 2017. The model number is RF28HDEDBSR/AA.

Anyone got a solution for this problem?

Want to post a photo here, but don't know how.

userSvX45z5vW3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

In the photo you shown in the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sqq4r4NANJNmH5896, from left to right, there are three brown copper lines, to which line did you move your sensor?

Again, thank you for the help and have a great new year free of all these kinds of troubles!

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7rdqzbjywXVh23sB9

Far left, as low as possible

userSvX45z5vW3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you very much!
userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't forget to check your codes in case you have a failed sensor, fan, or heater !!!