cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. Model Rf24fsedbs. Noise started after an ice buildup around the ice maker. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you see any ice build-up? Have you tried defrosting the unit? Are the door seals intact? Is the unit properly leveled? Here are a few troubleshooting steps that will help with this. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001032/

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cannot defrost the ice - it is behind the panel. And by the time the fan starts to make a noise, it is too late as the fan is getting damaged.

Leveling is not the issue unless the ground shifted all of a sudden after 2 years. And the door seals are intact.

Accorsing to some of the technicians who have come out to see the problem, there is a water nozzle that may be the problem. But that is not a consistent opinion amongst all the technicians - it is about 50-50%.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem I have defrost the I e buildup and it is still making noises when the door is shut.  Would this be the fan problem?  I don't mind replace the motor fan myself but please let me know if that indeed is the solution.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung makes great phones and other electronics but if you want a ridiculously reliable, workhorse of appliances then buy a Speed Queen! Best of the best.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the issue with my fridge Serial number is <hidden>. I am looking for a solution. Please can someone help me? I have tried defrosting it but the noise comes back. It is leveled fine.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, here's a link that might be able to help: 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001032/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

January 19, 2020

Model RF28HMEDBSR - Same issue as everyone else.  You can hear what sounds like a fan rattling and whirring. When the refrigerator door is opened, the sound stops. A neighbor who bought a later look a like model experienced the same issue before mine started acting up. I re-leveld the refrigertor but the sound continues. Oddly, after the refrigerator door is closed, I don't hear the troublsome noise for several hours. I am assuming the fan is not functioning until it is triggered by a sensor to restart.  

After looking at three years of posts in this thread, it it appears ther are no solutions. Is that correct?  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. How long have you had this unit? Have you noticed any ice build-up or any error codes?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How disappointing to find this thread. Wish I had come across it prior to buying a brand new Samsung refigerator.  (RF28HMEDBSR/AA) Mine started roaring just today, and it is an unbearable noise.  We can't even hear each other over it. Makes for a very uncomfortable family/entertaining area.  And I won't even bore everyone about how much we CANNOT afford repairs or a new fridge right now. I'm beyond irritated.

Same exact issue as everyone else on the 37 PAGES of complaints. And Samsung is doing nothing about a known design flaw??! Is this for real? I am in kitchen design, and you can bet I won't be suggesting a Samsung to a client, EVER, if that is the case. 

SAMSUNG! Please tell us this is not being IGNORED??

Add me to the petition, if it's still going around.