JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

(Topic created on: 3/26/17 5:40 PM)
userQ62yDd8cJq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge started making a loud fan buzz. It sounds like it's coming from the upper rear center on the inside of the fridge. It only does it when the doors are closed and you can hear it winding down when you open the door. When you close the doors, it winds up to full speed again. We've had this fridge since March 2015. Any ideas? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
407 Replies
useryrG4dVJIJA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

These should be recalled, or SAMSUNG should offer a replacement or free repair.

We currently have the icing problem, and now it must be completely iced over as the noise has stopped, and fridge is not as cold as it should be. Please add me to any recall list.

jodi.martin@att.net

userkvU3rJAY0F
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

so we put our settings at  18 and 3

the fridge  not making any more noise :)

hopefully this helps RF263TEASESR/AA

useruKO9kJblN6
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
which settings?
0 Likes
userWCBJO1kVFp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a RF28HFED that we have to completely defrost every 3 months due to ice buildup that the fan hits as it spins. The noise is so loud we hear it upstairs when we try to sleep. 

Really mad about this!!

Cindy_VA
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please add me to your list of people to contact if you want to pursue this. 

My fridge starting make this fan noise yesterday. The noise is coming from the same area (top towards the rear) and stops when the fridge door is opened. I can see ice build-up in the back of the fridge on the small openings. I defrosted it yesterday and today the noise is even louder.

Model - RF30HBEDBSR/AA

Purchased - Sep 2015

Let me add to this that we purchased the entire set of appliances from this line (fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher). The sales guy told us the dishwashers were about 50/50 on working, so if ours was a lemon, just return it. We returned it within a few days since it took over 3 hours to run the "regular" wash cycle and then did not dry the dishes at all. Fast forward two years to November 2017. The double-oven slide in stove malfunctioned in a very bad way that could have burnt my house down! When the Samsung approved tech came out to inspect, he said this was the worst case he had ever seen and nothing was slavagable from the stove except the outer frame that held the ovens in place. EVERYTHING else was destroyed by the oven's temperature sensor failing. The oven continued to heat up and the only way to stop it was by turning off the breaker. I burnt my hands reaching into the extremly hot oven to remove the food that was catching fire and the pot holders burnt right through from using them to touch the rack and baking sheet. The steam escaping the oven was so hot it melted and cracked the knobs of the stove. It was a situation that could have turned out far worse had I not been monitoring the stove while cooking.

Samsung refused to work wiith me on this initially, but because I was burned, they did end up helping me out just a little. I was without a stove from early November until early January!

Here we are just a few months later and now the fridge is having some issues, that appear to be pretty common. I agree with all these other people that we need to band together and ask for a better response from Samsung! I paid a lot of money for these "top of the line' appliances and 3 of the 4 have failed. Just waiting for the microwave to take it's turn at this point.

user3Zx5TFODkz
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Add to petition
0 Likes
userkXNwRqUjuE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

add me to your petition list! <EDIT>

0 Likes
usery63rV0nFu3
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the list for class action. I am tired of having to defrost every few days and having to remove all food and panels to get to the unit's fan  and pipes to melt ice. I am so mad.

Deepak

<edit>

usersAUckyeH2D
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yessss !! Plz add me..

0 Likes
usertlxkW7LKFZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I now have the same issue!  What is the solution?  My model number is RS265TDRS.  Thanks!

0 Likes