cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue as well. I am finding that it now happens every 2 months after I defrost the entire fricge. THis is crazy. We have been loyal samsung customers for years. We currently own a samsung dishwasher, microwave and stove. We have always had good experiences with this manufacturer and did not mind paying the higher cost to get what we assumed was a quality product. 

Please let us know what we need to do to make this stop . The refridgerator is only 3 or 4 years old and the noise is driving me to the point where I am ready to throw this out. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My year and a half old RS25J500DSR/AA started with this noise today.  Is there any hope I can get this fixed?  After reading these posts, I suspect not.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung refrigerator model is RFG298HDRS/XAA and s/n <HIDDEN>. We have had this same loud fan buzz problem from bottom freezer in the last couple days. How can I prevent this from happening? When I open the freezer door I can hear the fan noise winding down and when I close the freezer door then it winds up to speed again. Thank you in advance for your help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you seeing a build up of ice by any chance?  Anything touching the fan? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, but where do you see a build up of ice or the fan? Is it behind the fridge or behind the freezer? I google around and I see a lot of people talk lot about the fan in the fridge. In my case it seems that the loud fan buzz came from the freezer, but my hearing couldn’t be wrong. Thank you for your prompt reply to my message.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It should be at the top, towards the back. Do you see any ice build up? Have you tried defrosting the unit? Are the door seals intact? Is the unit properly leveled?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The door seals are intact, and the fridge is leveled. I do not see it but I think the ice is buildup since I unplugged the power of the fridge last night and this morning the water is flooded my floor, luckily for me since the floor is tiles. Now I have turned back the fridge on for more than an hour and did not hear any fan crumbling sound.  Is there another way you can defrosting the unit without unplugged the power? Again thank for all the prompt replies from Samsung moderates.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! You can use Cooling Off Mode:

Capture.PNG

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the info. I’ll use this feature in the future, hopefully in the far future. So far so good the temperatures are raised up and no rattle noise sound. Thank again for all your help and have a good weekend.