cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4mOXzDJyxO
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely agree.  I have shouted it from the mountaintops:  “Never buy a Samsung Appliance.”  

I am loud and warn everyone shopping...even when walking past customers shopping models in the store. I pull out the pictures on my phone!!

I am removing ice, back panel, defrosting  my RF4267HARS every two months!  I am beyond angry.  This has been going on since before the warranty ran out but there has been no solution or recall!!  I bought this due to the Consumer Report recommendation!

Explain to me how this this is acceptable?!??  And Samsung don’t you dare offer to send a PM because we all know you just do that to save face.  You aren’t solving the issue!!!  Your technicians have no solution.

I would love to be able to attach pictures of the three-inch ice buildup at the bottoms of my freezer and the ice behind the panel!

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello user4mOXzDJyxO

Can you please post your error codes ? (Two or three posts ago, you will see my post on how to do this)

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could have a fan fault, heater fault or sensor fault causing icing. The self test code(s) are the first place to look .

user1f2oUVVDkD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do you remove the rear panel? I have the same sound

userbwTivhU3yP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This really upsets me. I spent $2500 on this fridge 5 years ago and it's not even the smart model (no bells and whistles save for the ice maker). If there's dust on the fan I can deal with that but to have to spend $100s of dollars to fix it tells me it's a bad product! I'll put up with the noise until I can replace it with another brand and I'll never recommend Samsung again

userjt1Gwbqj6z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue since we bought the refrigerator in 2015.  Even had it repaired once already.  We've actually had issues with every Samsung appliance we purchased in 2015.  Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator and Dishwasher have all had multiple issues.  Will never buy Samsung appliances again.

EParcasio
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same issue with the same model fridge. What can we do to fix this issue?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Does the noise stop when the units doors are opened? 

userYwwBs5rekw
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes Michelle

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend having a service tech come out and take a look at the unit. I can get that set up for you if you would like. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.