cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to actually do something about this problem.   This is the 3ed time I have had to defrost this refrigerator since Feb.    This is a problem they created !   I cant believe I actually paid this much money for something I have to work on every month. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started with the same noise. Help!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Number : RF28HMEDBSR/AA Serial Number : <HIDDEN>

Having the same issue. Build up of ice on the bottom of ice maker tray. iS THIS CAUSING THE PROBLEM?

What do you recommend in defrosting the ice maker? Hair Dryer? I turned off energy saver, as well.HOW DO I THAW OUT the vents in the back of the refrigerator if ice build-up is causing the motor blades hitting the ice build up causing the noise?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would suggest putting the unit into demo mode in order to thaw it. Try resetting the ice maker once the ice maker has thawed because it's a pretty good chance that too much water is going into the ice tray. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I only read the first page and found several references to the same problem we have started to experience.  Our Samsung RF263AEWP we bought in 2011.  It's out of warranty.  There is one spot on the back wall where I can see a clump of ice.  Don't know if it matters.   I am thinking of trying to pry the cover off and inspect why the fan is rattling now all of a sudden.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on my post.  Turns out all that was needed was to level the fridge.  I think I had to move it at some point since 2011 and forgot to set the front back on the little pegs / legs instead of leaving the front on the rollers.  I was suggested too to set up a repair appointment but having browsed around I found a very helpful Samsung page where it talks about the possible reasons for the rattling noise and that the common reason is ice buildup for which the common reason is not levelling the fridge right.  The fridge MUST lean back a tiny bit.

We too have been having problem with water from defrosting collecting on the bottom of the fridge which is also the top of the freezer.  Could be for that reason too.

Anyhow, I leveled the fridge by setting only the front of the fridge on the legs that unscrew from the bottom (if your fridge is full, use a 2x4 piece and place a 1" thick piece of wood under the 2x4 to create a lever, and raise it up a touch) and it's been a month since then and the noise, which had diappeared within several hours to half a day, has never come back yet.

Success so far.  And it was my bad, not Samsung's.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought my original post would be included here.  But not.  So I will paste it:

useri5XwdgwQSD

CONSTELLATION

I only read the first page and found several references to the same problem we have started to experience.  Our Samsung RF263AEWP we bought in 2011.  It's out of warranty.  There is one spot on the back wall where I can see a clump of ice.  Don't know if it matters.   I am thinking of trying to pry the cover off and inspect why the fan is rattling now all of a sudden.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my serial number mine just started doing it as well. No ice build up

<HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.