cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem described here. Very loud noise from the fan a bit of frost build up on the back wall. The noise stops when you open the door. I have the RF28HFEDBSR which we bought two years ago. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried defrosting the unit?

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do we defrost the unit?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best way to defrost the unit is to put the unit in demo mode for a few hours.

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK we will try this defrost method and update here. any tips on how to avoid this in the future? The fridge is only two years old.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure you keep the unit at the recommended temperatures and try to avoid leaving the door open for long periods of time. 

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Michelle,

I tried the defrost method you suggested but after two weeks the noise and ice came back. The fridge is only two years old. please help.

Thanks,

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the noise came back after defrosting the unit, I would recommend having a service tech take a look at the unit. I can get that setup for you if you would like, Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was anyone successfull is fixing the problem with a service? I read here people spending hundreds of dollars with the issue still remaining. 

userX1z37lnITw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re:  Model F28HMEDBSR/AA.

A few months ago the ice maker bagan producing wet ice, dripping from the drawer, drawer freezing in place, ice build up  all around the cabinet of the drawer and gushing a bit of water when dispensing ice. I was removing the built up ice every week and a half and last night it began humming so loud it can be heard from every room in the house. Removing the built up ice and turning off the maker doesn't stop it. Same problem others seem to be having. 

As one person here said, she is only one person, but will tell others to stay away from your products nonetheless. Thing is, she is not alone. There is power in numbers. As I learned recently, you, Samsung, were well aware of this issue, yet continued to produce and sell a faulty and expensive refrigerator to the unsuspecting. Clear evidence of no regard for your customer base.  If you refuse to address and rectify the issue, there may not be a lot we can do to our satisfaction, but I have no doubt there will be push back and consequences to you. By ignoring the problem, you force the hand that feeds you. I understand there is a class action law suit which I am not opposed to joining if possible, or starting one, calling the Attorney General, reporting to the BBB and joing the ranks of those already telling others to stay clear of Samsung. In every venue possible. It could quickly become a new and passionate mission. 

My family has been loyal customers of Samsung and own many of  your products (including a recently recalled washing machine). This situation is highly frustrating, maddening and utterly unexceptable. I would like to hear from a rep regarding my problem with the offer of a solution, it's the least you can do. Show me your claim of "World-class customer support".