cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userom2f9bHYPL, please send us a private message with the full serial number: Link

userom2f9bHYPL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please help. Fridge is making buzzing noise- defrosted twice now.
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

usercbS76R4bTm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my refrigerator, model number RF28HFEDTSR/AA.  Loud fan noise that stops when the door is opened.  After reading some of the suggestions on this thread, I looked through the small oval holes in the back wall and I see there is ice build up.  Surely I don't have to unload *everything* from my refrigerator, remove the back panel and defrost this thing with a hair dryer!??! 

We've also experienced the leaky ice maker problem with this unit too.

What a disappointing "lemon" this expensive refrigerator has turned out to be.  It is NOT that old and certainly was quite expensive. 

In the past I've like Samsung appliances (also have a Samsung washer and dishwasher) but this one is terrible and tarnishes Samsung's reputation.

userGFr51z78o1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a RF28HFEDTSR/AA, with a bad fan noise. I have had the local Samsung authorized repair service (Matt's Appliance in Timberville, VA) come out twice to replace the fan, along with other parts, and the noise is as bad or worse. These repairs, I believe were directed by Samsung.  So far the cost is nearly $400, and I have called Matt's 3 times, over the last few weeks to discuss the next options. Matt will not call me back.  I work as a mechanic, and I understand that product flaws can put a repair person in a difficult position. However, not addressing a customer, or a company not admitting a problem, doesn't help resolve issues. 

Very disappointed in Samsung products and service. Samsung should reimburse our repair costs and resolve this problem.

userot6gGilhjh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine was doing the same thing. I noticed a build up of ice way in the back. I set a blow dryer on low heat left blowing on medium stead  for 5 minutes and now no more ice buildup and no more fan noise.

userYtnnFx1ojA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem as well. Is this something Samsung should have a recall? My model is RF24FSEDBSR/AA. This is my first Samsung appliance. All previous refrigerator I owned kenmore/kitchen aid. They went old style but never had any problems till I just don’t like them anymore. This is one just out of warranty. So disappointed. 

userDkfjIWam6X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started this noise about 2 days ago, it's so annoying! Of course mine is out of warranty now, we bought it in October 2014.  So 3 and a half years, and problems.  Sounds like a class action suit is warranted if Samsung doesn't do anything.  I was happy with my refrigerator until now.   And I"m about to buy a new stove and dishwasher.  I don't even know where to look for Ice, as I don't see any.  My fridge is freezer drawer on bottom and fridge on top.  My model number is RF23HCEDTSR/AA

userxpdkFJyFaz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I’m having the same issue with my Samsung fridge purchased August 2014. Will have to check out the possible class action suit posted above.
uservlbBc0o5pS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue of a loud fan buzzing sound from the top back of the refrigerator... stops when door is opened.. guessing it is from the fan.... model number RF26VABBP... Had this issue in the past too about a year ago, called a repair person who used hair dryer to melt all the ice away, and replaced some kind of heater coil too.... but again the same issue... there is ice build up in the bottom back of refrigerator section