cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5jVv0RLrZy
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is Samsungs reply to my reply;

Sent: ‎12-04-2018 08:53 AM

We can certainly understand your concerns, at this time there are no reported known issues regarding any of our refrigerator models. While the community is a part of our website, internet postings are only a small percentage compared to reported claims. Any reported known issues related to Samsung products would be readily available on https://www.samsung.com directly. Due to the unit being out of warranty as of 12/31/2010, the unit would not qualify for any accommodations. My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences this may cause. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

My responce back to that is since Samsung is not accepting the fact that it IS a commonly reported known issue with their refridgerators,  I guess all that I or anyone else can do is not ever buy ANY Samsung products again. Needless to say that I am very dissapointed in the Samsung responce.

user76fM4YxQga
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happening to me now too!!  Model: RF28HFEDBSR.   The thing is so loud and annoying!  Only had it about three years.   Really so disheartening to read all the comments about this.   How can Samsung list this problem as 'solved' in this string when people keep complaining about the same problem.   I immediately got in touch with the law firm filing the class action.   It seems the only way Samsung will pay attention to these issues is if they are forced to for pay for them in court.   If anyone has any other intelligence on the fix -- or the suit -- please post.  (Maybe set up a separate string away from this forum!)

userTFhIQ82YjQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my case I just unplug the fridge for 36 hrs. So far no noise after 2 months.

Previously I tried to unplug for 12 hrs, then plug it back. The noise came back after a few days.

user5jVv0RLrZy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately for me I have a freezer that I just stocked full of frozen dinners. It will probably take me 3 or 4 weeks to consume it all. At that time I will shut it off for 24 to 48 hrs. to let it thaw out. Hopefully it won't konk out on me before I can shut it down.  I hope to hear something helpful back soon from Samsung.

user2JDURdcctW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes this is exactly what is happening. 

userymK1dufNp1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our 2-year-old fridge has also just started to do this.  I notice these complaints go back 2 years.  Has Samsung still not addressed this issue?  What happened with the class action suit?

We will try the suggested fixes and hope they can give us some relief from this annyoing noise!

userRGKnrUf3eY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same issue with my 4 yr old Samsung side by side fridge. I got a error code that it was the defrost sensor and order a replacement part for it. This was last summer, fixed the problem, and as of last week, the issue has started again. I removed the back and sure enough there was ice. I even moved the sensor the first time I took it apart as per advice from some online boards. This is def a design defect and Samsung needs to be held accountable for their failure. 

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The defrost heating element design is definitely sub optimal. It doesn't transfer enough heat to the top of the condenser.

Can you try the copper wire heat transfer solution that I posted and see if it solves your issue since you have already moved the sensor ?

Can you describe the ice buildup on your unit ? Was it at the top ?

userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another thing to try is to put the defroster in forced mode (see earlier post on the service manual) and then very carefully see if the heater is actually heating all the way along it's length. If it isn't, you might try replacing the defrost heating element .

userRGKnrUf3eY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not showing any error codes this time around. The ice built up was on the top of the coils, copper wire, and fan area. I have forced run defrost several times and it never works. When I replaced the sensor last time, the wire was not long enough to move it to the far left bottom. What concerns me is I went in and melted all the ice away and the fan noise issue came back in less than a week. I have not had time yet to go back in and see if the ice has reappeared but I am getting pretty tired of taking all my food out and putting it in my garage fridge, then taking about this fridge, melting all the ice, putting it back together again, and putting the food back it. It is sheer lunacy that this issue has not been addressed and they are expecting people with appliances that are 3-4 years old having this issue that they take care of it.

I originally called some repairmen when the issue first came about, and none of the repairmen said they would work on a Samsung fridge!! they suggested I called Sears as they are the only ones who will work on it. Hey but guess what? Sears going belly up, nobody is going to work on their stuff!