cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userG9zGhLRJvM
Asteroid

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once it has iced, forced defrost will do nothing because the heat cannot reach that far. Since you confirm that it's the top of the evaporator tube with ice buildup (like all of us), I'm confused about your sensor comment. The sensor needs to move a couple of inches to the left from the inlet copper tube to the outlet copper tube .

userItK4Tc6XlI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung side by side refrigerator started making noises like a fan blade hitting something.  It would stop when we opened the doors.  Then we saw ice icoming thru the oblong holes in the interior back of the refrigerator.    What the heck.  It is five years old.  

userDtByKXINmt
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One thing that helped us and I wanted to share was to control the amount of humidity in the house. if you have high humidity in the house just opening the door will cause some frost to accumulate.

uservu9yoN3Zuu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my fan noise was fixed by adjusting the front feet while it was making the noise

userhbrXeQDYhL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what ours did and it was the fan motor getting ice on it. The sound was the fan hitting ice. Unfortunately all they could tell us to do was unplug the fridge and let the fan thaw and then plug it back in. It would work for about 2 days then we would have to do it again. Then we found there was a way to defrost it from the panel. We did this and now the refrigerator part is not working at all. Freezer still cools though. Ours started the noise within the first year. If you’re still in warranty, you better call for service now or they will not cover it.

userva3uLRWALh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any lawyers on this thread to file a class action law suit? This is an expensive appliance and it is utter nonsense that there is no solution for it.

userNGkKuCtmln
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

samesung model RF28HDEDTSR/AA

If you get anything or updates I would appreciate being included <hidden>

userva3uLRWALh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you having the same problem?

userva3uLRWALh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
usert5mMsZMss6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have started having the same issue with the same model. We bought ours in February of 2016. We’ve already given up on the ice maker.