cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the issue with my fridge Serial number is <hidden>. I am looking for a solution. Please can someone help me? I have tried defrosting it but the noise comes back. It is leveled fine.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, here's a link that might be able to help: 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001032/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

January 19, 2020

Model RF28HMEDBSR - Same issue as everyone else.  You can hear what sounds like a fan rattling and whirring. When the refrigerator door is opened, the sound stops. A neighbor who bought a later look a like model experienced the same issue before mine started acting up. I re-leveld the refrigertor but the sound continues. Oddly, after the refrigerator door is closed, I don't hear the troublsome noise for several hours. I am assuming the fan is not functioning until it is triggered by a sensor to restart.  

After looking at three years of posts in this thread, it it appears ther are no solutions. Is that correct?  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand how frustrating this must be. How long have you had this unit? Have you noticed any ice build-up or any error codes?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How disappointing to find this thread. Wish I had come across it prior to buying a brand new Samsung refigerator.  (RF28HMEDBSR/AA) Mine started roaring just today, and it is an unbearable noise.  We can't even hear each other over it. Makes for a very uncomfortable family/entertaining area.  And I won't even bore everyone about how much we CANNOT afford repairs or a new fridge right now. I'm beyond irritated.

Same exact issue as everyone else on the 37 PAGES of complaints. And Samsung is doing nothing about a known design flaw??! Is this for real? I am in kitchen design, and you can bet I won't be suggesting a Samsung to a client, EVER, if that is the case. 

SAMSUNG! Please tell us this is not being IGNORED??

Add me to the petition, if it's still going around. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the Samsung tech came to repair the problem, we learnt that the fan first starts making noise when there is ice-build up behind the back panel. As the ise build up grows, the fan starts hitting the ice. When you open the door, the fan stops and hence the noise stops.

When the noise stops all together, it means that the fan has stopped working and the fridge will not cool any longer. And food will start spoiling faster. Run to call Samsung tech.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You don't need to call Samsung tech. Just follow this gentlemen's instructions here, posted on this thread about 2 years ago (it has gotten quite massive!). It's his last comment at the bottom.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/7745793

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a joke to that this is a known issue for Samsung Fridges, and yet still no recall or acknowledgement of this issue. I purchased all new Samsung appliances, (fridge, stove, washer, Dryer & Tv) Over $10,000 and have had nothing but problems. I really hope Samsung comes forward and starts fixing this problem. Unacceptable

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow. Having same issues and glad I found this thread. It's SO loud. Add me to the petition. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, page 38, guess I was lucky mine just started doing this after 5 years, 1 month after the extended warranty ran out.  I guess I will try the suggestions.....