cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwuO1Kr9Wv5
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might do a quick defrost by touching 2 buttons on the control panel at the same time. I forgot which 2 buttons. Search in Youtube for clue.

userFp4MfU49J6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue: loud noise but no ice built up.  Also, only a cup of ice is being produced at a time. Model Samsung RF24FSEDBSR Stainless Steel Counter Depth 4-Door Refrigerator, 24 Cubic Feet

userBFT3uy0Han
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also want to chime in here with the same issue as many others in this thread.

Bought the refrigerator about 2 years ago and about a month ago, the refrigerator started making a noticeable humming/rattling noise after the front upper french doors are closed.  Noise was constant and a mighty annoyance.  Called Samsung and first agent said, the likely issue is condensation build up and that the refridgerator isn't leveled.  After given instructions to properly level, made an attempt to do it but lo and behold - one of the right front legs won't rotate at all... so I can't level the fridge to find out if that would be the solution.  Shortly about a day after, noise is now gone but now the fridge is no longer cooling.  Temperature rises in fridge to about 50 degrees and obviously we have to call again to find a solution.  

After giving the Samsung agent the known issues we had (humming noise, no longer cooling, and unadjustable leg to level), they send a certified technician from Samsung Care to take a look on June 5th.  Although the technician was nice, didn't bother to address the other known issues and really only attempted to solve the cooling issue.  Said the heat sensor needed to be replaced.  After the service and part, paid about $229.  Problem seems to had been resolved.  The refrigerator was cooling back and the noise was seemingly gone.  

Fast forward a week later... a low humming noise seems to return.  Not as loud as before but there.  Now it's no less than 2 weeks and the noise has gradually increased louder that the family can hear it from the other room.   Called Samsung again today and they are sending a technician to look into the issue.  I told the Samsung agent that this seems to be known issue with this model and a likely recurring problem that is inherent in the flawed design of the cooling system.  I insisted that if we have to pay for a part that is going to break down in the future, I'm going to be very disappointed with their customer service.  It's unacceptable that we have to pay for parts and solutions that only seem to be a temporary fix to the issue.  I'm awaiting for the next technician to come but am pretty frustrated with the whole ordeal.  I'd rather much get a new refridgerator (not the same model) with no known defects at this point than have to deal with this nonsense of getting parts that may or may not fix a wideknown issue.

Will likely never purchase a Samsung product again unless they resolve this situation and do right by the customer.

usernvjg0FKDuo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NEEDS SERVICE IS THE ANSWER, GEE WHIZ, WHAT HELP......

userG5iskWqsKh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Serial # RF23HCEDBSR/AA.  Just started yesterday and seesm to cycle on and off.  Stops completely when the door is open.  Please advise

userJ1bRDnEfo8
Astronaut

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF18HFENBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

My new samsung fridgerator is making a loud humming noise. I turned off the ice maker and it stopped. There does not seem to be any ice build up. I turned it back on and the loud humming noise started again. This fridgerator was purchased in March and is 5 months new. 

userHp7aArI0bG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem as everyone else.  Same humming coming from the back center of the refridgerator when the doors are closed.  It just started this morning.  Any solutions?

userlVXHgOtb4C
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues as everyone else.  Very loud motor/rattle/humming sound coming from the center of the interior of fridge.  Freezer is perfect.  Can you please help?  Our fridge is only 4 years old!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userbzj3yi4zv8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4 years. Wow...most of us only made it a year.

Defrost the fridge and if the noise goes away you know it's the issue with ice buildup around the condensor fan.

In that case you're pretty much stuck with periodic defrost. I do this about every 3 months.

I went down the path of sending my model # via email and calling support, but that proved to be a waste of time.

I'm now shopping for a non-samsung replacement and moving this $3k junk to my garage.

The lawyers are gonna take Samsung profits and the consumers are gonna pay for a replacement.