cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Fan makes hum/buzz/rattle noise from RF28HMEDBSR.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Praying that angel help will resolve this.
Too many people having issues. Class action is in the works.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same issue. It makes me very disappointed. I bought Samsung fridge couple years ago. Since two months ago, fan started marking noise. The fan making noise as it spins when the door is closed and when we open the door we can hear it spin down and the noise gets louder until it stops.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another one here with the same issue.  Have tried all the trouble shooting steps.  Defrost, ice maker off, makes no difference the noise is there with a vengeance.  Unacceptable.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had the same issue. I would defrost every few months, only for that noise to come back. I even tilted the fridge so it leans back significantly, but that didn't stop the noise.

I finally bit the bullet and called in the Samsung service people. The technician opened the back panel of my fridge and it showed the ice buildup near the top of the fridge were the fan was and not near the bottom of the fridge.

He told me Samsung fridges had flawed defrost sensors, which prevented the computer from recognizing when it was time to defrost and thus the ice build up. Since the ice only built up on the top of my fridge, I only needed to replace one sensor.

The technician replaced the sensor and I was out $180 dollars. He assured me the noise wouldn't come back, but we will see in a few months.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having the same issue with our Samsung refrigerator, model RF23HCEDBSR. Heard a loud humming fan noise with the doors closed, stopped with the doors open. Had to defrost the fridge, only saw minimal ice buildup. The noise stopped for a week, just came back again. Really don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a service tech to come out with no guarantee of a fix, since this clearly is a design flaw with the fridge. This appliance is only 3 years old, I should not have to be defrosting it regularly and throwing out spoiled food, especially with two young children at home. Samsung, how should I go about fixing this issue??

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Warrenty company was not helpful. If it is still cooling.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cole, my fridge also just started with this issue. We have the Ice Maker turned off. 

Model: RF25HMEDBSR.

We have had this since 2015. It just started last week.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem as everyone else.  Loud fan noise with dooe closed that stops when I open the door.  I have ran the forces defrost twice which hasn't helped at all.  Refrigerator is only 3 years old.  Anyone have a video that shows how to get the back inside cover off so I can melt the ice?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3hseSBUQmO: Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message as well.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.