cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Fixed my unresponsive Family Hub touchscreen!!

Ok I just fixed mine after MONTHS of "on again off again" - I have the family hub app and use an iphone. That's important. So get a USB mouse, can be wireless or corded. Open the compartment where the red "on/off" switch is - on the left is a USB port, connect your mouse there. The mouse should control the screen now. I clicked apps -> smart things-> clear data. This app is for samsung phones to communicate with the fridge, I use an iphone. No need for it. Once I cleared the data from that app, the touch screen worked again. Only thing I can think is that there's a miscommunication between that app and an iphone or that app is trying to do something that my phone can't do - like say, UNLOCK.

2 REPLIES 2
Asteroid

Re: Fixed my unresponsive Family Hub touchscreen!!

Funny thing is, I have a Samsung phone, but I had the exact same issue. 

The beautiful thing is, your solution above also worked for me. I was starting to get very angry with the family hub not working, but your solution above works. Thank you!

Astronaut

Re: Fixed my unresponsive Family Hub touchscreen!!

We tried your solution above & it did not work for us. However, many THANKS for your guidelinesSmiley Happy. You gave us true hope & saved us lots of money.

What worked for us:

1.) We connected a wiresless mouse to the screen port as you described above.

2.) Then we did a factory data reset. Go to Settings -> About Family Hub -> Factory Data Reset (caution: erases all data and apps from the device.)

3.) Once the reset is complete, the system will ask you to reboot (we selected "ok" with touch. YAY!.) Once it was restarted we were able to set it up without the mouse. VICTORY!Smiley Happy

Good Luck other troubled Samsung Customers! Apparently, we are alone in this.

P.S. I did not like the Samsung Agent provided solution, because what I read there is basically "you have not paid us enough money yet to own this fridge." Just a friendly reminder, if you do not take care of your loyal customers, they will not return for more & new customers will be pushed away to competitors.