Original topic:

Flap door for ice maker keeps opening and closing constantly RF28K9070SR/AA

(Topic created: 08-16-2021 01:36 PM)
userFy06Amyf0u
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 4-door refrigerator which has been wonderful. The flap which closes off the **bleep** to the ice maker has abruptly begun to open and close constantly. This in turn has disabled the water dispenser and ice dispenser. I have already tried more than once turning off the power to the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes to try to get the computer inside to reset, but this has not helped. The refrigerator is not even two years old (purchased new in October 2019) and receives gentle use in a 2-person household with no children. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I apologize for the issue your having with the dispenser of the refrigerator. At this time, the next step I would suggest is to have a technician come service the issue. If your interested in the service aspect please contact me here: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2 with your full name, address, e-mail, place of purchase, contact number, full model and serial number so I am able to assist further. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFy06Amyf0u
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello. I'd certainly like to arrange service, but the link in the reply does not lead anywhere. It takes me back to the generic home page. Would you please re-send it? Thank you!

P.S.-- The word which was bleeped out was c_h_u_t_e.  Like parachute. I was referring to the plastic pathway for the ice to flow to your glass from the ice tray. Thanks.

0 Likes
cgreco16
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm also having this problem with model #RF23M8070SG. Reading all of the complaints about this issue across all of the different models is completely disheartening.  I was planning to replace other kitchen appliances with Samsung models but this has me seriously considering buying anything Samsung again.  Service technician is supposed to come out this weekend.  I just hope that this gets resolved without any cost since this has been a known issue for some time now.

0 Likes