Original topic:

Flashing indicators on Samsung NE59 Range Display

(Topic created: 05-28-2022 04:49 AM)
useryhpqEpQLhi
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello ,

I had the display on my range replaced a couple of years (late 2019) ago for flashing.  It cost me over $300 to replace, which included the service call.  The display is once again flashing, I went to Samsung for help, they asked me to unplug the range, plug it back in and if the display continues to flash place a service visit.   The display continues to flash, the service technician quoted me a price of $300, for the part alone.   

What else can I do other than replacing the display again?   How will I know replacing the display again will solve the problem forever?  

If this display continues to fail every couple of years, why won't Samsung back it up knowing they have a defect or design flaw?  

Thank you,

<HIDDEN>IMG_1236.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
userOIxx84zIQu
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

Your recent experience matches ours. We have a 2yr old replacement range that was hard-won with vendor assistance after our 3 yr old range began peeling inside the oven. Now the display on this one won't stop flickering through two attempts to trip the breaker. Samsung offered to contact a random local technician found online from their Asia desk and charge us full price for the tech and the part.

With so many online comments about the same problem, this tracks as a clear manufacturing defect.

0 Likes
useryhpqEpQLhi
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

Interesting Samsung is ignoring this issue.  My good friends purchased all new appliances from Samsung based on our recommendation, they are sorry they did and are now replacing them.  Not only is the range display flickering but the ice maker broke just like ours.  Samsung replaced our ice maker twice already, wish they would replace the range display (I replaced twice at $300 each).

Regards,

0 Likes