Original topic:

Flex Duo top oven burns certain foods

(Topic created: 11-25-2021 06:33 AM)
useryZfaiCuhrh
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung NX60*875*S* series slide-in gas range that I love, but sometimes I find that the top oven burns the top of certain foods. If I try to cook a sugary bread (such as pumpkin or cranberry bread) or a pie the top browns too much (to the point of being inedible). This does not happen when I cook muffins, though, and it does not happen with any other foods I prepare in the top oven. I usually use the Convection Bake setting, so the oven compensates for the convection feature by lowering the set temperature, but I've been unable to find a workaround for this problem. Ideas (other than using the standard Bake setting in the lower oven)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good afternoon, I will be happy to assist you. When you are baking these problem items, is the rack at the lowest position? If it is in the middle spot, the sweet deliciousness may be too close to the heat, and caramelizing the sugars too quickly. I admit to not being very good at baking, so if anyone else has any ideas, all help is welcomed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes