cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Flex frig (RF22N9781SR): new AI feature that detects items in frig - 100% inaccurate :(

We bought all Samsung appliances this year for our kitchen renovation.  Overall, we really love them!  One oddity is a newly touted "AI" feature that was added in a recent firmware update.  It is supposed to be able to recognize food items in frig (our model has 3 interior cameras).  The problem - it has never detected a single item correctly in the months since this feature went live!  It displays what it thinks it found in a silly popup window titled "Culinary Inspirations" on the frig's front LCD display panel.  It will list like 4 or 5 items it thinks it "saw", but the items are always wrong.  e.g. "baby food" - well we don't have kids, let alone babies Smiley Happy  So, being a 30+ year programmer, I have to wonder what programming logic Samsung is using for this supposed AI-based food recognition feature?  It can't be barcode labels on products, as that would be highly accurate.  I'm thinking they are trying to do some sort of image lookup in a database, comparing pics from the 3 cameras to some crude database they've compiled of images of food products.  But to be wrong 100% of the time?  Didn't Samsung do any real-world testing of this new feature?  And they must know it doesn't work reliably by now - so why haven't they either fixed the code, or disabled it until they do fix it"Scanned" ?  How?  Why always incorrect?"Scanned" ? How? Why always incorrect?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Flex frig (RF22N9781SR): new AI feature that detects items in frig - 100% inaccurate :(

I recently got an update a few days ago. where do you see what's new in the updates at though?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Flex frig (RF22N9781SR): new AI feature that detects items in frig - 100% inaccurate :(

Yes, I got a firmware update the other day too.  The update that added the AI feature (that doesn't work at all) was a couple months ago.  On that update I believe there was a link to click on to see what was new.  Sorry, but don't remember the exact steps...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I understand. I will just go through the options again to see what's new