cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2B5nVndFCa
Asteroid

Freezer Not Working RF23J9011SR

Hi -

I have a Samsung Refrigerator model #: RF23J9011SR. This is a 4-door flex refrigerator. Top of the refrigerator is working properly but the freezer section, which is the bottom left, has stopped working. The freezer is cool like the refrigerator but food does not freeze. Did a Power Freeze reset and the temperature of the freezer now says -10, but clearly freezer is not working. Also, the cubed ice light will not go off. Can anyone provide any insight or a solve to this problem? What about if we need to call service? What kind of service/cost am I looking at?

Refrigerator is only 2.5 yrs old. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
userqtFo0sQnOY
Astronaut

Re: Freezer Not Working RF23J9011SR

I have  a similar problem starting today with my 4-door flex.  The bottom left freezer is not freezing.  The bottom right flex freezer does freeze.  And the cubed ice light also stays on.  Fridge is only three years old.  

user2B5nVndFCa
Asteroid

Hi userqtFo0sQnOY -

Looks like you and I are unfortunately in the exact same boat. I was able to get in touch with Samsung Costumer support through a Direct Message to a rep I found in another thread that covered a similar topic. I eventually got passed off to a second rep. Either of them were absolutely no help. Couldn't actually be less helpful. We called a local service company that will be coming out to see the fridge at the end of the week. I will post results of this service call once I have it. In the same vein, if you uncover anything on your end that is helpful, PLEASE post that here as well. Thanks for posting and good luck! (hoping I/we don't have to replace $2,500 refrigerators.....)

useredWXdblHO0
Constellation

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?  My freezer compartment is slowly warming up and the lights on the display/control panel will not turn off as before.

Any help appreciated.

user2B5nVndFCa
Asteroid

We paid for a local Samsung approved service company to come to the house. We paid for this service call out of pocket. I believe it was $125. The service company let us know that while the initial 1 year warranty ran out, because it invovled parts it was longer, a two year warranty. After calling Samsung via the # the service company gave me, spending a good amount of time convincing Samsung they need to cover this problem, and providing Samsung a Bill of Sale with the date of purchase, Samsung approved for the same service company to come back to the house and fix the refrigerator for no more out of pocket money to us. Hope this helps.

userx0Ytrdhw7b
Constellation

My freezer also just stopped working.  I bought my fridge on Feb 20 of 2017 . . . so its only a couple of years old and the freezer does not work Smiley Sad  There goes $3500 after taxes, etc. into the garbage.  SAMSUNG  needs to be held accountable for this and maybe we need to file a class action lawsuit becuase this is ridiculus.

The ice maker is a known issue for them and nothing has been done to fix it either.  It needs to be defrosted like the old refrigerators otherwise the ice gets stuck and you run out of ice in no time.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userUX2uQwDcqB
Constellation

This is the second Samsung refrigerator to stop working at my house in the last six months. I have a basement apartment, and that fridge died after 1 year of use. 
now the main house fridge has stopped working and I am flaming mad. I bought both of them in early 2018, but because of a long Reno, neither were plugged in for a solid year.  Obviously the warranty has run out, of course.

🤯🤯😡🤬 

Anyway, my model Rf23j9011sr/aa freezer has stopped working. Display says -8. Fridge is fine. 
i PMd @SamsungLou just now. I think I am going to blow a gasket if I have to buy yet another new fridge.