cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Freezer and Flex not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My freezer and Flex zone are not cooling on my RF22K9581SG/AA and the ice maker also gets completely frozen over with ice.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Freezer and Flex not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. My job is to ensure that you are satisfied with your investment. Give the following steps a try:

Touch and hold Door Alarm for 3 seconds until Control Lock is disabled.

• These models have Automatic Control Lock, so if you do not interact with the panel, it will automatically lock itself again.

Set the temperature to 37 for Fridge and 0 for Freezer.

• If the refrigerator was already set to these temperatures, power cycle the unit for 5 minutes.
  • After 5 minutes, restore power to the unit and check for any error codes or blinking lights.
  • Disable the control lock and reset temperatures to 37 for the Fridge and 0 for the Freezer.
  • Enable the Power Freeze by:
    • Navigating to and open Fridge Manager.

• Touch Freezer Temperature

• Touch Power Freeze

• Touch Save

• Note: Power Freeze lowers the temperature of the freezer and speeds up the freezing process. The freezer will run at full power for several hours and then returns to normal operation and the previous temperature setting.

Leave the freezer and Flex Zone doors closed for 6 hours.

• You can open the refrigerator compartment if you absolutely need to, but we recommend just keeping all of the doors closed during this initial cooldown period.

If you noticed that the temperatures are not going down after about 3 hours or you noticed that the unit is still not cooling after 6 hours, service is required.

************************************************************************************

If your ice maker is frozen over we recommend defrosting the unit by unplugging it or turning it off at the breaker and then performing the reset step below.

Reset the ice maker.

• There is a test button on the ice maker on the right side of the ice maker. Press the button until you hear a chime (which may take up to 10 seconds).

Allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

• You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours). Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. 

Once you have confirmed the steps above you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number. Sending us a private message will determine if your product is in warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Freezer and Flex not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. My job is to ensure that you are satisfied with your investment. Give the following steps a try:

Touch and hold Door Alarm for 3 seconds until Control Lock is disabled.

• These models have Automatic Control Lock, so if you do not interact with the panel, it will automatically lock itself again.

Set the temperature to 37 for Fridge and 0 for Freezer.

• If the refrigerator was already set to these temperatures, power cycle the unit for 5 minutes.
  • After 5 minutes, restore power to the unit and check for any error codes or blinking lights.
  • Disable the control lock and reset temperatures to 37 for the Fridge and 0 for the Freezer.
  • Enable the Power Freeze by:
    • Navigating to and open Fridge Manager.

• Touch Freezer Temperature

• Touch Power Freeze

• Touch Save

• Note: Power Freeze lowers the temperature of the freezer and speeds up the freezing process. The freezer will run at full power for several hours and then returns to normal operation and the previous temperature setting.

Leave the freezer and Flex Zone doors closed for 6 hours.

• You can open the refrigerator compartment if you absolutely need to, but we recommend just keeping all of the doors closed during this initial cooldown period.

If you noticed that the temperatures are not going down after about 3 hours or you noticed that the unit is still not cooling after 6 hours, service is required.

************************************************************************************

If your ice maker is frozen over we recommend defrosting the unit by unplugging it or turning it off at the breaker and then performing the reset step below.

Reset the ice maker.

• There is a test button on the ice maker on the right side of the ice maker. Press the button until you hear a chime (which may take up to 10 seconds).

Allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

• You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours). Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. 

Once you have confirmed the steps above you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number. Sending us a private message will determine if your product is in warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

Freezer and flex drawer not cooling (model RF22KREDBSR/AA)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased in 2017. Neither my freezer nor my flex drawer are cooling. I've tried turning it off for 5 minutes and back on. I've pulled it away from the wall and cleaned the back (although it was already really clean). I've checked and the compressor is warm and the compressor fan is running. I've put it into diagnostic mode, and there are no error codes. I've removed the PCB panel cover, and the red LED is lit solid and does not blink.

The freezer temperature on the front of the fridge reads 42 degrees F. Measuring with a thermometer, it reads 53 degrees F. The refrigerator portion displays 37 degrees F - measuring with a thermometer it reads 37 degrees F. The flex drawer is set to 33 degrees F, but the actual temperature is closer to 47 degrees F.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Freezer and flex drawer not cooling (model RF22KREDBSR/AA)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A technician came to look at my fridge. My compressor is starting to go bad, and it needs to be replaced. It works good enough to keep the fresh food section at 37 degrees, but not enough to keep the freezer at 0 or below.

Highlighted
Constellation

Rf22k9581sg french 4 door smart hub - freezer section not freezing and flex not freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please help!!! Our freezer on our Samsung fridge is no longer working. I was able to get the bavk panel off to verify that the fan is working but one of the refrigerant line was looking frosted over and the other not at all. Both top fridge portions are working, just need to get the freezer portion back up and runny asap. This is really ridiculous! This had to happen right before Thanksgiving, please help!! I am mechanically inclined and can do the work, just need to know where to go from here.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Rf22k9581sg french 4 door smart hub - freezer section not freezing and fle..

JUMP TO SOLUTION
wish I could help but mine never got fixed because of covid. they couldn't get a tech in my house to look at it so they just gave me a new fridge.