cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Freezer not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a top fridge bottom freezer with duel fans. RB195ACBP 2 days ago the freezer acted like it was froze up fans were running but no air flow I could feel. Tried to initiate forced defrost but the controls would not take the sequence in the manuel. I emptied both fridge and freezer and unplugged the unit to defrost. In the 1st 24 hours it didn't seem to be putting out any water but in the 2nd 24 hour period it started leaking water on the floor (which has been an issue with this unit for some time when it goes into defrost). Today I plugged it back in and waited for 2 hours to see if it was going to cool. The fridge temp came down a bit (65 degrees) freezer temp still at 70. I never heard either fan. I unplugged it again and pulled the back cover to see if everything looked ok and cleaned the condensor coil as it was covered. Plugged it back in and let run for 2 hours, never heard either fan. Unplugged it and pulled the freezer evaporator coverand there was no frost and very little sweat on the freezer evap coil. I pulled the fridge evap cover and that coil had frost on the upper 1/3 of it no ice. I have put the covers back on and plugged it back in. The fridge tep is coming down slowly but I still don't hear any fans. Is there a evap fan delay or sensor where they won't come on until the reach a certain temp?
I have done refrigeration for years and retired but it honestly acts like it's low on freon but there is no gauge ports and I don't have a line tap. I don't have any fault codes showing on the display.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. The circulation fans would be on a sensor circuit. The issue that you are experiencing will require service. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and we will look in to your service options.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our RF261BEAE/WW bottom freezer doesn’t stay cold, it is set for 0 degrees but will drift up as much as 8-10 degrees. When this happens, we press the ‘Power Cool’ button to drive the temp back down to 0 or below. This may hold for a day or maybe a few days before this happens again.

I have cleaned the coils and all the air intake grills and made sure the refrigerator has proper air space around it. The fridge section is working fine.

There are no error codes showing. I pulled the plug for a couple minutes, then plugged it back in to do a reset, and waited 24 hrs, but no change with correcting this issue.

I have checked the seal around the door and we rearranged the food in the drawer to make sure nothing was in the seal or obstructing the air circulation.

This refrigerator was purchased Oct. 23, 2018 so it’s not even 2 years old. There is a label on the upper right corner saying the Compressor has a 10 year Warranty.

From what I’ve read, this appears to be a chronic issue with Samsung freezers. Have they found a solution to fix this problem, or are we stuck replacing this refrigerator after less than 2 years?

This was not an inexpensive appliance.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, the next step would be to proceed with service. The unit does have 2 limited warranties:

Five (5) years parts and labor on Sealed Refrigeration System Only (Compressor, Evaporator, Condenser, Drier, and Connecting Tubing)

And

Ten (10) years part and Five (5) years Labor on Digital Inverter Compressor Only

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/warranty/RF261BEAEWW/AA

You may be charged a diagnostic fee for them to see if your symptoms fall under your limited warranty.

Feel free to contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung or use the link below to request service: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to send me a Private Message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased the Samsung 3 door refrigerator on may 26 th not even a month ago and the freezer isn't working.  After waiting to speak with someone for 2 hours they were no help I have about 200 dollars in meat that will have to be thrown out beware seems to be a problem with the model RF28R6301SR 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased the Samsung 4 door refrigerator 4 years ago and The freezer is not freezing. The display shows the right freezer temp but the compartment is definitely not that temperature. We have reset it, still not working.
Model: RF28HMEDBSR/AA10
I Ihave sent the private message to

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Such a disappointment to read all of the Sam comments regarding an issue with Samsung products. About a month ago I noticed that my ice maker wasn't producing as much ice as before. Now  My freezer on my 18 month Samsung freezer has stopped working. Model #RS25J500DSR/AA. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I are in the same crappy boat. We have a 3 1/2 year old samsung refrigerator that isn't keeping the freezer cold. I just opened a repair ticket, and so far samsung is dragging their feet getting us help. We lost all our frozen food, very expensive. The compressor and fan next to it is running constantly. All we need is a service tech to come fix it, but samsung is sitting on their hands. How this goes will determine if we ever buy samsung products again. We paid over $2800 for our fridge, and this problem is completely unacceptable! I've sued a company before and won, so if your reading this samsung, get me a service tech quick.  Model #RF28K 9070 SG

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A couple weeks ago I had to replaced the drain clip in my fridge because I was getting water under the drawers in the fridge.  Now the freezer is only getting slightly cold, but when I put it in power freeze mode it does attempt to get down to tempeture to freeze.  I've thrown the breaker to the fridge to try to reset it but no change.  Although when I turn the breaker back on I do notice the freezer says the real temp.  For example it says its at -2 but when I throw the breaker and put it back on the temp will go up to 36 but will make its way back down the the set temp.  I'm wondering what should I look at fixing first?  Temperature sensor?  

RF18HFENBSR

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The freezer in my French door refrigrator (RF23HCEDBSR/AA) stopped working all of a sudden.  I tried resetting the breaker but don't know why this would have just started randomly not working.  Any thoughts?