I have a Samsung
This is a side by side with “twin cooling” which I suppose means two compressor/condenser systems. For last couple months, the unit has been noisy, I think it is the compressor. Coils are clean. Now, the freezer is totally dead. However, the fridge works perfect. The noise is now gone as well.
I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help have you tried the following troubleshooting steps below,
If the unit has one compartment that is not cooling at all, but the other compartment is working correctly, perform the following:
- Verify the door has not been left open.
- Verify the seals around the door are not dirty. Dirty seals can cause gaps large enough to let in warm air, which affects cooling.
- If the seals are dirty, clean them and allow 24 hours to regain temp.
- If the seals are damaged, service is required.
- Cut the power to the refrigerator for 2 minutes (unplug it or flip the circuit breaker), and then restore power. If after 3 hours, the fridge is still not cooling, service is required.
- Make sure that the unit is leveled. A properly leveled unit can prevent potential cooling issues, noises, or leaks, your refrigerator needs to be level. This link below will show you how to level your fridge and make minor leveling adjustmentshttps://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/
- If the unit does not appear to have any power at all (the control panel is also blank and none of the lights come on when the door is opened), this is a different issue and needs to be brought up in its own thread.
- If the unit display indicates O FF, OF OF, or has scrolling temperature bars (depending on the model), the unit is in Cooling Off Mode. I can provide steps for getting the unit out of this mode if needed.
- If the refrigerator is not in Cooling Off mode, has power, and is still not cooling at all, unplug the refrigerator (or flip the circuit breaker) for 2 minutes, then plug it back in. If the refrigerator still does not cool, service is required.
If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty.
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.