cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF28K9070SR/AA freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and I definitely recommend you buy a refrigerator freezer thermometer because mine is doing the same thing with not freezing but the refrigerator and freezer say the correct temperatures while the actual temperature has risen 20°.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28K9070SR/AA freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Freezer not freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with the freezer, and went through all the troubleshooting steps but ended up calling service because it would not stay frozen.  When the service man came out the freezer was up to 65°, and after examining it his assessment was, "found no Frost pattern on freezer. Evaporator unit is low on refrigerant. Unit will need seal system work. Recommend look at new unit." According to him this is a common problem with these refrigerators and their twin cooling system. He said the work would be about $2,000 which is the cost of a new one and that's why he recommended we just get a new one.  The refrigerator was still working so we just put some bread and other things in the freezer until we could find another unit.  Next day I went into the freezer to get something and everything was frozen.  That was July 30th and I noticed today October 6th that the temperature was starting to rise again because I keep a thermometer in there at all times to keep a check on the temperature.  I might call a different repairman out but if anyone has any suggestions before I pitch a $2000+ only 6-year-old refrigerator that looks almost brand new still, I'd appreciate it. Was his initial assessment wrong? I've noticed both times before this happened it seemed to get very noisy and a few days later it stopped keeping things frozen.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

after problems with power supply the freezer of my 4 door refrigerator is not freezing anymore I can't reprogram it again can someone help me

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
we are having the same issue. Ours is 3 MONTHS old!
Highlighted
Astronaut

refrigerator rf263beaesr freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a couple of issues. First the ice box in the fridge keeps jamming. Second we have water under our drawer in the bottom. Yesterday everything went soft in the freezer. I have allowed the unit reset by the freezer will only cool to 40 degrees. I bought the unit December 2018. 

model  rf263beaesr

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung RF265AA refrigerator - freezer doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung RF265AA refrigerator.  The freezer won't cool below about 40-50 F, but the refrigerator compartment holds the 38 F setpoint just fine.

- No diagnostic codes show when I do the PowerFreeze/PowerCool thing, just a solid 88-88

- Cleaned the condensor coils

- Removed back panel of freezer, verified no icing up of the evaporator coils

- Verified that the freezer evaporator fan is working

- And of course the first thing I did was cut off the power, wait five minutes, restore power to reset the system

OK, now what?  The refrigerator compartment working fine tells me that the closed system is working and has adequate coolant, so what do I try next?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue with a 2 month old refrigerator. Had a service tech come and look and they confirmed that it has a refrigerant leak and needs the sealed system serviced.  Called Samsung and told them I would like the refrigerator replaced as it was only 2 months old.  After getting transferred around multiple times, being disconnected multiple times and treated horribly they still haven't done anything for me.  I will never buy another Samsung product in my life as the appliance is junk and the way I got treated by their customer service was even worse.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I have Samsung refrigerator model rb215abpn the freezer had stopped freezing have clean the condenser and it's still not working any help

Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
is it plugged in