cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Freezer not freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the long list of folks with NO SOLUTION.  I have a RF323TEDBSR/AA-02, purchased 14 Jun 2014.  Freezer started to fail on 1 Jul 19, literally two days after my Lowe's 5 year extended warrantee expired on 29 Jun 19!  Had a Samsung Certified tech come out on 5 Jul 19 and tell me the problem was the compressor which was working overtime and pulling excessive amp's.  I took that initial diagnosis and called Samsung Service.  They said warrantee expired; I said NOT for the compressor which has 10 years for the part.  They were to come out on 11 Jul 19 to again confirm diagnosis with their own tech.  But, by today, 10 Jul, the freezer was at 61 degrees F and the refrigerator was at 34 degrees F.  I instead called my original tech and told him that the compressor was no longer working hard to cool the refrigerator and not working at all to cool the freezer.  He said that it is likely that the Freon in the coils going to the freezer were clogged.  And the reason the fridge was still cold is that the separate coil line to the fridge was not clogged.  He said not likely to be fixed.  Would require removing the entire coil line in the freezer section for replacement.  You see there is a valve the switches between the freezer and refrigerator coils and sends Freon flowing alternating between the two.  Now that the entire freezer line is clogged the switch seems to be selected only for the refrigerator.  Only solution is to buy another refrigerator.  So, I'm off to Lowe's to buy a Whirlpool on the last day of the 4th of July sale.  Oh, and BTW, I lost about $100 in food, but was smart enough to purchase a small 5 cubic ft. freezer to save the rest.  That will hold me over until the new fridge is delivered.....NOT A SAMSUNG.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.

A bit late here, but had the same problem. With a RF260 Samsung Refrigerator.

Fridge mantained a temperature of 44°F to 57°F instead of 37°F, which is the one I selected.

Freezer mantained a temperature of 26°F to 40°F instead of 0°F.

I checked:

- Input and output voltage: fine

- Frost on the evaporator coils on both fridge and freezer: nothing (fine)

- Evaporator Fans (both of them): fine

- Cleaned the Condenser Coils

- Condenser Fan Motor: fine

- Temperature Control Thermostats (both of them): fine

I had to call in a certified technician.

The problem:

It had a gas (refrigerant) leak, right in the "copper filter drier", which had a bad sealed valve. So there wasn't enough gas to cool the entire system correctly. I bough the fridge 2.5 years ago.

Solution:

He replaced the "copper filter drier" with a new one. Emptied and filled it again with regrigerator gas.

Everything works perfectly now.

Hope this helps someone out there with the same problem.

Cheers,

Albert

PS - One more possible problem the technician mentioned me:

- The mother boards, digital inverter compressor or any other part may be damaged because of voltage changes.

Recommendation: Use a voltage regulator for your fridge. (I had one so it wasn't that).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours did same yesterday. Fridge is fine freezer dead at 8 years. Solution: NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG! We have a basic Whirlpool at our rental home that has never had any issues and it's 23 years old!! It's not fancy or as pretty as the Samsung but it's also not on its way to the junkyard either. The Whirlpool is proof that you can have a refrigerator past 6-8 years.  Lesson learned. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # RFG298HDRS/XAA

All of a sudden the bottom freezer is not cooking. Top Fridge works fine. Out of warranty.. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our refigerator (model RF260beaesr/aa) in 2017. Less than three years later, the freezer portion stopped working. We had just bought all of our groceries yesterday too. Not very happy with this product.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi -

I have a Samsung Refrigerator model #: RF23J9011SR. This is a 4-door flex refrigerator. Top of the refrigerator is working properly but the freezer section, which is the bottom left, has stopped working. The freezer is cool like the refrigerator but food does not freeze. Did a Power Freeze reset and the temperature of the freezer now says -10, but clearly freezer is not working. Also, the cubed ice light will not go off. Can anyone provide any insight or a solve to this problem? What about if we need to call service? What kind of service/cost am I looking at?

Refrigerator is only 2.5 yrs old. Thank you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have  a similar problem starting today with my 4-door flex.  The bottom left freezer is not freezing.  The bottom right flex freezer does freeze.  And the cubed ice light also stays on.  Fridge is only three years old.  RF23J9011SR

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userqtFo0sQnOY -

Looks like you and I are unfortunately in the exact same boat. I was able to get in touch with Samsung Costumer support through a Direct Message to a rep I found in another thread that covered a similar topic. I eventually got passed off to a second rep. Either of them were absolutely no help. Couldn't actually be less helpful. We called a local service company that will be coming out to see the fridge at the end of the week. I will post results of this service call once I have it. In the same vein, if you uncover anything on your end that is helpful, PLEASE post that here as well. Thanks for posting and good luck! (hoping I/we don't have to replace $2,500 refrigerators.....)

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Evening,  did you find out what caused the problem in your 4 door flex refrig/frezzer.    Our  bottom right freezer section is cold but not freezing.  The left side works properly as also with the top refrig.  Any suggestions would be great. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userv8JJL5kEMO,  What do you have the bottom right section set for?  If you haven't already, make sure to select "Freezer" in the cool select options.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.